cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable
Solved

How do I combine 2 vendors?

It is the same vendor but I have 2 separate vendor acts because of a mis-spelling.

Best answer 12-10-2018 07:15 PM

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

Edit rename the wrong one same as right one. Accept the m...

Edit rename the wrong one same as right one. Accept the merge of all activity.

7 REPLIES

Edit rename the wrong one same as right one. Accept the m...

Edit rename the wrong one same as right one. Accept the merge of all activity.

Frequent Explorer **

I realize this is a two-year-old thread but I am having t...

I realize this is a two-year-old thread but I am having the same problem.
I have no problem merging vendors using premier versions up to and including QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2014. I discovered you could not merge vendors in QuickBooks Desktop Premier 2015 or 2018 if they have any transactions. I believe this is a bug in the program and it has to do with having multi-currency turned on (I think).

Multi currency could result in different currency transac...

Multi currency could result in different currency transactions between the two vendors you wish to merge.

Brute force method. Go into actual transactions of the vendor with the least number. Edit each to new vendor. It might get sticky with bills and bill payment applications, but that is what it is. Once you get to point where vendor has zero transactions you can delete it or merge or rename and make inactive. Then you are left with just the one vendor
Frequent Explorer **

"Multi-currency could result in different currency transa...

"Multi-currency could result in different currency transactions between the two vendors you wish to merge."
This may be true however; it is NOT true in my case. Both vendors are the same currency.
I never had the problem of merging vendors until I starting using Premier 2015. I have been using Multi currency since Quickbooks introduced it back in around 2002 or so.
The "OK" command button does nothing in the edit vendor form when trying to merge vendors. Merging customers is no problem. This makes me think there is a bug in the software.
Frequent Explorer **

Hi, By merging the two Vendors you can solve the issue, E...

Hi,

By merging the two Vendors you can solve the issue, Edit the misspelled vendor and type the correct vendor name that with you want to merge and Save a message will popup asking you to confirm, confirm Yes.

Comment back for more details.

Established Member

Re: Hi, By merging the two Vendors you can solve the issue, E...

From the QBO API, how can I know a Vendor was merged?

QuickBooks Team

Re: Hi, By merging the two Vendors you can solve the issue, E...

Hi there, @ChrisBCI!

I'd be glad to redirect you to the best help available.

We have a separate forum called Intuit Developers Forum where you can ask and get helped about your concern on merged vendors in the QBO API. I suggest starting the same discussion there through this link: https://help.developer.intuit.com/s. Different developers, engineers, and programmers would be glad to help you out.

Please know you can always get back to us here in the QuickBooks Community if you have any "How Do I" or navigation questions. Have a great day!