cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

How do I create a Best Selling Items report?

On my Company Snapshots page, there is a window that shows "Best-selling Items" and shows my 4 top items. How do I create this as a report with more than 4 items?  Thanks!

3 Comments

Re: How do I create a Best Selling Items report?

Welcome to the Community, backsidefabrics.

I'm glad to help you create a report that shows your best selling items in QuickBooks Desktop.

You can run and customize the Sales by Item Summary report. This report summarizes your unit and dollar sales, subtotaled by the types of items you sell. The report shows sales for the current month, but you can change the period of time covered by the report by choosing a different date range from the Dates drop-down list.

Here's how:

1. Click Reports at the top.
  2. Under Sales, select Sales by Item Summary.
  3. Set the date range at the top.
  4. Click the Customize Report button.
  5. Choose the Display tab.
  6. Under Sort by, select Total.
  7. Choose either Ascending order or Descending order.
  8. Click OK.

The following is a screenshot to serve as a visual reference:

image.png

Here's an article that may come handy: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

That should help view the best-selling items. If you have any questions about this, please let me know by posting a comment. I wish you all the best.

Experienced Member

Thank you for the info; I know how to do that, but I want a simplified version like it shows on my snapshots; it just lists my top selling product by sales dollar value, and then the next, etc.   The report that you gave instructions for shows every product single in my item list broken down by vendors etc...; not strictly by dollar value.  I have my items set up by vendor and don't want them separated by vendor.  I just want strictly the top selling item and then the next, etc.  Does that make sense?  Thanks!

Highlighted

Hi there, @backsidefabrics.

Thanks for getting back to us. Allow me to chime in for a moment and share some additional information about the report that you like in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

At this time, QBDT doesn't have a report that'll show your best selling items/products. The report that my colleague provided will give you a summary of all your sales group by their item types. You can export it to Excel and customize it from there as a workaround.

Here's how:

1. On the report, click the Excel option at the top.
2. Select Create New Worksheet on the drop-down.

30.PNG

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: Customize customer, job, and sales reports.

This should answer your concern for today. Please let me know how it goes or If I can be of additional assistance by leaving a comment. I'd be glad to answer if you have any follow-up questions. Wishing you and your business continued success!