cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
glynlewis
Level 2

How do I enter crypto trading data in quickbooks

Has anyone managed to use Quick books to track and record CryptoCurrency Trading data, I have approx 20,000 trades in last financial year and cannot figure out how to track these purchases and sales of multiple (hundreds) of different coin pairs on at least 12 exchanges. any pointers gratefully accepted.

14 Comments 14
JamesDuanT

Cryptocurrency Community is growing fast and Bitcoins are already used for online trading or transactions now a days, Glyn.

QuickBooks needs a third-party application to track and record your Cryptocurrency Tranding data. This application (for example, BitPay or Shopify) should be able to process Bitcoin payments and can integrate with our program.

You can also browse these articles about Cryptocurrency and QuickBooks:

If you need assistance of the integration process, I'd recommend contacting the third-party application's support. 

Meanwhile, if you want to record your trading data manually, it'd be best to consult your accountant. They can give you different options that will suit your business setup.

Other traders (that use QuickBooks to record their trading data) might be able to see this post and provide you additional pointers, too.

Feel free to drop by again if you need anything else. Have a great day!

glynlewis
Level 2

Hi James,

many thanks for your reply but I do not want to accept BTC for sales. I am a DayTrader in Crypto and need a way to import 20,000 transactions.

Glyn

ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hi Glyn,

We're unable to directly import Crypto transactions into QuickBooks. Though, you can use a third-party app to do it.

Please visit our website to see our supported applications: https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home.

In the meantime, you can refer to the articles provided by my colleague @James above for information.

We're always here if you have further concerns. Thanks for posting!

glynlewis
Level 2

not solved, unable to find any addons that can import trading data

Dennis2019
Level 1

Hi, 

you can use www.accointing.com for example to prepare the data for quickbooks. It allows you to connect all your exchanges and wallets and also create reports.

i'm currently tracking my portfolio with accointing and also use quickbooks for the general accounting... .

Nga BB
Level 1

Hi I dont think we should track and record all trading in QB - and actually Can not. I work for a trading company ( forex and Coin) also. Accounting system just daily record the summary . all trading is saved in Dealer system and we hav Dealer report for detail. even that, QB still has too many issues. i.e: if I use BTC as 1 currency, Number format only 123.45- mean that cant extend [removed] ( over 2 letter after decimal ) Hope one day, QB can improve !
MSolo
Level 1

Hi Glyn! I saw your question and feel your frustration at the non-answer answers the QB team provided.  You very clearly stated you trade and want to record the transactions - you don't want to accept Crypto as a form of payment and you certainly don't need their help choosing an Exchange as it sounds as if you should be giving them advice on that matter, not the other way around. 

I did find something that might help though.  I tried posting the exact link but this forum will not allow me to include the entire website link - it keeps deleting a central portion of it so all I can do is tell you how I found it. Do a search for "Importing bitcoin sales into Quickbooks" and you should see an article from a site called bitpay.  I used Google to find it but I also tried it with Bing and both found the website this way.  Hopefully they will allow at least that much information to post.

I'm not sure if it will be a total solution for you since you trade in much higher volume than my company does but it could be at least a step in the right direction or give you an idea of how to adapt what they started to a model that would fit your situation.   Happy Trading!

NealRoche
Level 1

There is a new Quickbooks plug in called Gilded which can import 100's or 1000's of crypto transactions from wallets and exchanges and make the correct journal entries.   Gilded. finance is the web site

NealRoche
Level 1

There is a new Quickbooks online plug in called Gilded which can import 100's or 1000's of crypto transactions from wallets and exchanges and make the correct journal entries.   Gilded. finance is the web site

glynlewis
Level 2

I checked them out and spoke to their support.. They are for Exchanges and large trading houses they do not deal with individual traders.

Thank

Glyn

cryptovkng
Level 1

Hi there :)

I personally use Coinpanda (https://coinpanda.io) to calculate my crypto taxes. The software supports all popular exchanges and 6500+ cryptos. You can export your tax summary to any tax solution or accounting software you are using, including Quickbooks.

Let me know if you find this useful.

epr7142
Level 1

Hi Glyn,

I know i'm really late to the ballgame here, but still wanted to post in case you haven't found a solution yet.

Not sure if you are willing to pay the price, but I've had some incredible success using cryptotrader.tax in the past.

Nowadays though, the only way I can realistically make it work is a custom accounting setup in using hledger. (Not for the faint of heart).

Ash Nathan
Level 1

https://cryptio.co/ - Used by Consensys, AAVE and other Leading Crypto Projects. Even the founders of the Bankless Nation so you're in good hands with them!

bitcoinbull11
Level 1

Can you add Wallet Address data to quickbooks?   Maybe even API from crytpo exchanges.   I can sort the data once its input it in by data, address, and amount.   

Need to get in touch?

Contact us