cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

How do I get a customer's transaction report to include payments that are part of split deposits?

I'm trying to get an accurate total of how much a customer has paid.  Transaction reports for the customer's name exclude payments that are part of deposits that include other deposits.  In other words, if a bank deposit included more than one check, and those were recorded as splits under "Make Deposits", the part that is a payment for this customer doesn't show up in reports.  How do I get reports to list all transactions that were recorded under this customer's name, including parts of bank deposits?

I'll add that we do invoicing with another program, so payments are not recorded in QuickBooks with "Receive Payments" or "Enter Sales Receipts".  They're just recorded as deposits.  (I know many will recommend that we do customer payments with sales receipts nonetheless.  I've been considering that, and probably will once I figure it out.  But that wouldn't solve this problem with reporting all of a customer's payments from years past, nor would it solve this problem with regards to split transactions that are not customer payments.)

Thanks!

Edit/Solution: Nevermind.  I got them to show up.  It looks like I'm not able to delete this post, so I'll just post my solution.  With a report open, I clicked on Customize Report, went to the Filters tab, selected the Detail Level filter, and selected All instead of Summary only.

1 Comment
Established Community Backer ***

Re: How do I get a customer's transaction report to include payments that are part of split deposits?

Glad you solved your issue.  You can always edit a post and some will remove most content but your problem and how you solved it should serve as a help to others. Watch out - show off too many skills here and you will earn double pay as an expert, lol