cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ttmtaylor12
Level 1

How do I get detailed list of my categories back that have disappeared?

1 Comment 1
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

How do I get detailed list of my categories back that have disappeared?

Hi there, @ttmtaylor12.

It’s nice to see you in the Community. I’m here to lend a hand with getting the detailed list of your categories that have disappeared in QuickBooks Online. 

We need to make sure that the categories that went missing weren’t deleted from QuickBooks. Let’s pull up the Audit Log to verify. Here’s how:
1.    Go to the Gear icon in the upper-right hand corner.
2.    Select Audit Log under Tools.

You may check out this article for more information: View audit logs in QuickBooks Online.

If there aren’t any deleted product categories showing on the Audit Log, there's a possibility that your local internet cache files might be the reason why they’re missing. 

Sometimes the cache stores up in your system and causes issues in your web pages like errors inside your QuickBooks or missing data. Let’s use a private window to check if the problem is caused by a common browser problem that needs clearing. 

Here’s how:
•    Ctrl + Shift + P (Internet Explorer)
•    Command + Shift + N (Safari)
•    Ctrl+ Shift + N (Google Chrome)
•    Ctrl + Shift + P (Mozilla Firefox)

If it works, you’ll need to clear your browser’s cache to fix the unexpected behavior in the product. Here’s an article to help you with the process: Delete or Disable cache and temporary internet files in your web browser.

The steps above should help you get the detailed list of your categories back in QuickBooks Online without any issue. However, if the categories were deleted, you need to re-enter them once more. 

That’s it. Please touch base with me here should you need any additional assistance. I’ll be here to keep helping. Wishing you and your business continued success!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us