cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do I match a payment received via direct deposit from a health insurance company to the outstanding balance on the patient's QBO invoice?

For example, Patient A's visit today totals $100.  An invoice is created for $100 and a payment is received from the patient for $25.  BCBS pays the balance of $75 via direct deposit.  I know how to match the payment the patient made but not the payment received from BCBS.
1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do I match a payment received via direct deposit from a health insurance company to the o...

Hello there, wcfchiro.

Thanks for checking in with us. Allow me to help you handle payment received via direct deposit in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

You can simply receive a payment for the invoice with an open balance. Let me walk you through the steps on how to do it.

Here's how:

1. Go to Sales menu.
  2. Click the Invoices tab.
  3. Locate the open invoice with the remaining balance and click Receive Payment.
  4. Enter the Amount received ($75) from the health insurance company.
  5. Click Save and close.

Check out this article to learn more about receiving payments: Receive Payments in QuickBooks.

That should point you to the right direction. You've got me here if there's anything else you need.