cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brandonallred
Level 1

How do I print a BILL PAYMENT STUB in quickbooks online?

I need to run a Bill Payment Stub report to send with checks, I am using quickbooks online. I do not want to have to write several checks to vendors every time I have to pay them. I ran this all the time in the desktop version. This seems like a no brainer to have this option in the online version. I work for several different companies and they all need this feature.

75 Comments 75
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Hi there maurine,

Thanks for using QuickBooks Online as your accounting provider.

QuickBooks Online strives to provide a better customization experience. I encourage sending feedback to our Product Development Team to consider adding the Bill Payment Stub Report to a future update.  

Here's how to share your ideas and suggestions:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Feedback.
  3. Enter your feedback and suggestions.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Select Feedback for the Category.
  6. Click Send message.

Alternatively, you can pull up the Transaction List by Vendor report show all the items on a Bill Payment Stub. For more in-depth instructions with running and customizing the report, check out this article: How do I print more than 14 lines in the voucher section of my check?

Thanks for sending your ideas to our engineers. If you need any help working with QuickBooks Online, click the comment box below. I'll be right here to assist you further.

Goingbackwards
Level 1

That's your answer?   How many dev people do you have working at Intuit?   You should have a print option on every page. 

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Glad to see you here in the Community, Goingbackwards.

I appreciate your thoughts about having the Print option available on every page in QBO. If you'd like to add this, I’d recommend sending your thoughts directly to our Product Development Team.

They'll look into this further and may consider in a future update. You can send product suggestions by following these steps:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Select Feedback.
  3. Enter your feedback and suggestions.
  4. Click on Next.
  5. Select Feedback for the Category.
  6. Choose Send message.

To learn more about new features being added every month, you can check out our blog at: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/whats-new/.

If you have any questions about working in QBO, keep me posted by leaving a comment below. I'm here to answer them.

dan10
Level 2

This is a garbage response. Many people including myself have been asking for this feature for years.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

What's the problem?  When you print a check for a Bill Payment, there IS a Bill Payment Stub, in fact 2 of them, one to keep and the other to go with the check

CVD
Level 1

But only a certain number of lines will fit. Example I'm printing out a check covering 20 something invoices and only 13 are showing on check. How will the client know which invoices I'm paying? 

MaryGraceS

Hello there, CVD.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts in the QuickBooks Community about printing bill payment stub in QuickBooks Online. 

Currently, the bill payment stub can only show up to 13 bills and line 14 summarizes the rest. Only the vendor's name, check amount, and the check date will show up when you print the stub.

As a workaround, you can run the Transaction List by Vendor report that shows all items on a Bill Payment Stub

Here's how:

1. On the left pane, select Reports
  2. Search and select the Transaction list by Vendor report.
  3. On the upper right corner, click Customize.
  4. From the General section, change the report period to All Dates.
  5. From the Filter section, change the Last Modified Date to the date the check was entered in QuickBooks Online.
  6. From the Transaction Type section, select Bill.
  7. From the Vendor section, select the vendor from the drop-down menu.
  8. Choose Run Report.

For additional information on this, I recommend the following article: Print more than 14 lines in the voucher section of my check?

We take our customer ideas into consideration when looking for product improvements. I’ll be sure to share your thoughts with our engineers to see if this feature will be available on the next updates.

Also, as what @Rasa-LilaM mentioned, you can send your suggestions straight to our Product Developers through QuickBooks or go to the QuickBooks Online Feature Requests site. 

Please know that I'm only a post away if you need additional assistance about printing bill payment stub in QuickBooks Online. I'll be happy to help you out. 

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@MaryGraceS wrote:

Currently, the bill payment stub can only show up to 13 bills and line 14 summarizes the rest. Only the vendor's name, check amount, and the check date will show up when you print the stub.

As a workaround, you can run the Transaction List by Vendor report that shows all items on a Bill Payment Stub

I thought that the new "Bills and Applied Payments" report was supposed to deal with this problem

VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

Hello @Malcolm Ziman

Thanks for participating on this thread. I'm here to share additional details on the answer provided by my friend, @MaryGraceS.

QuickBooks Online has different types of report you can use to review transactions. If you only want to see the paid bills of a specific vendor, you'll want to use and customize the Transaction List by Vendor report. 

This is also based on the recommendation provided by the article below:

Print more than 14 lines in the voucher section of my check?

Meanwhile, if you're referring to seeing a vendor's specific payment with the bills that go with it, you can pull up and modify the Bills and Applied Payments report. Regardless of whichever report you want to use, both can give the same information you need to show. 

Again, thanks for always helping us here in the Community! If you have other questions in mind, feel free to let me know. I'll be around!

graceconsultingus
Level 1

Completley agree

graceconsultingus
Level 1

Hello;

I may be way late on this, however you can run a "Bills and Applied Payments Report" Filter by Vendor, and Date.  

This may be a new report, so forgive me if you have already figured this out.

Rubber Man
Level 1

I feel your pain and I figured out how to do it.  After you have created and printed the cheque, go to the supplier you paid and click on Transaction List.  You should see the Bill Payment (cheque) for the cheque you just created.  Click on it.  Then at the bottom of the page click on Print or Preview.  Click on Print Remittance Slip - and this is basically the exact same thing as a Bill Payment Stub and will display all the items you paid on the cheque.  You can print and send it with your cheque.

goofyboarda
Level 1

Bills & Applied Payments Report under What you Owe section.

Dollface
Level 2

We shouldn't have to use a 'workaround' how about just adding the feature?!
Level 2

not all bills are listed on there if there are many of them, which is why there should be a bill payment stub print option

tsxflorida
Level 1

Agreed.  Can not do it and is a pain.  I can only put 12 invoices I am paying on one check.

AileneA
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @tsxflorida

Our engineering team is working hard to develop the product updates and enhancement.  

It is always our mission to deliver customer satisfaction and quality service.

In QuickBooks Online, the bill payment  can only show up to 13 bills line and 14 summarizes bills line.     

I recommend to check this article: Print more that 14 lines in the Bill Payment Voucher

You can also visit our QuickBooks Blog. We share recent happening and future developments of QuickBooks.  

In the Meantime, you can run the Transaction List by Vendor report that shows all items on Bill Payments.  

If you have other concern on printing Bill Payment in QuickBooks, let me know. I'll be around.

abond85
Level 1

This was by far the best solution I've read. I simply customized the suggested report to show what vendor I need and I removed the memo column. Super easy. Thanks!

WhatAmIDoingWrong
Level 2

When I go to the bill payment item under the vendor it shows all invoices that were paid and ones that are still open. Is there a  clean version (only showing invoices that go with that paymet)? I am not the one setting up payments however, every so often I need to respond to a vendor regarding recent payments and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this when there are still open invoices without copying and pasting and stitching and blacking out our bank balance. Everything I do gives me the same result.

Hoping they finally got the check stub thing going.

Thanks

JessT

Hi there, WhatAmIDoingWrong!

You're doing the right thing. We'll just need to filter the bills and their bill payment check. I'll guide you through the steps.

On the report page, you can click the small Gear icon above the report table. Then, click Show more and place a checkmark in the A/P checkbox. This step will let you filter the paid bills only along with their payments. To do that, you'll want to click on Customize, expand the Filter section, and select PAID in the A/R Paid drop list. Then, you can modify the date range and run the report. That will do it.

AR filter and customizing the report.PNG

You can get more details by customizing the existing reports in QuickBooks Online. If you want to learn more, simply check out the article about it, and start creating your own set of custom reports.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with printing checks or creating reports.

BethVIVO
Level 2

Hello!  I'm not showing any A/P option to check.  How do I change the date on the report?  I'm not given that option either.  

BethVIVO
Level 2

That would be a great alternative however we aren't even able to change the date on these reports.  I don't need the information from 3 years ago, I need it from today, when I paid the bills.  I've sent in feedback several times now and I've seen that this post goes back a few years and yet, still nothing.  

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Hey there, @BethVIVO

Thanks for following the thread. 

To see the A/P option, you'll want to make sure you expand the list out by clicking on Show more

To change the report dates, follow the steps below. 

1. Open the Transaction List by Vendor report. 

2. Change the dates in the upper left corner of the report page. 

That's all there is to it. If you're still not able to see the A/P option nor see where to adjust the dates, I recommend clearing the cache from your web browser. Web browsers collect cache (cookies) to save time when loading repetitive data and images. These files often become outdated and corrupted over time, causing issues like the one with your report. I've included the links for all supported browsers that contain the steps to clear the cache below. 

Additionally, you can check out Customize reports in QuickBooks Online for more details about customizing reports. 

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns. You can reach out to the Community any time. Take care and enjoy your weekend! 

cindyngo
Level 2

How do I generate a Bill Payment Stub like this on QB Desktop? thank you

Screenshot 2021-01-07 131238.png

Need to get in touch?

Contact us