Hello there, @danstevenselectr,
Thank you for visiting in QuickBooks Community!
You'll have to adjust the column widths of your estimate template to get your product descriptions to look pretty neat as you want them to look like. Let me help and walk you through on how to get this done.
1. Select the Gear icon.
2. Under Your Company, select Customer Form Styles.
3. Select an estimate template. If you don't have any yet, click New Style, and choose estimate as the transaction type from the drop-down menu.
4. Click Content, then click the Pencil icon under the Description.
5. Click EDIT LABELS AND WIDTHS.
6. Adjust widths for your product description. This also means that you need to adjust or hide other columns, too.
7. Click Done.
You can also read this article about on When to Use an Estimate during your free time:
Please know that you're always welcome to leave a comment if you have any other concerns. The Community team is always here to back you up. Have a good one!
In addition to what @ShallyMarR has described on modifying what your customers see in an Estimate you can also select certain items to be viewed on screen only and not in printed or pdf emailed end result.
Understand also that Estimates are designed to be turned into Invoices upon approval so you may also need to modify your Invoice format used with these estimates