cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisa20
Level 1

How does the inventory get reduced when you use a bundle?

2 Comments 2
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Good day, @lisa20.

Thank you for choosing QuickBooks as your accounting partner. I can share some insights about the bundle feature in QuickBooks Online.

A bundle is a collection of products and services you sell together. There is no specific field for the Quantity on Hand for a bundle.

If you'd like to increase or reduce its number, you have to create an inventory adjustment per item. If you also create a sales transaction with the bundle, automatically the Quantity on hand of the items will decrease.

For in-depth information, please refer to these articles:

That should do it. Let me know if there's anything else you need or you have follow-up question about inventory. I'm still here to help you more.

vpcontroller
Level 11

@lisa20 

The item components you've in the bundle get reduced. You can check the bundle item (Gear > Lists > Products/Services > Bundle item in question > click Edit) to see to what's included including quantities.

In fact, when creating an Invoice (or Sales Receipt), it should display bundle components on the screen. Depending upon the bundle setup, you have a choice of printing/ sending with all the item components or just hide the items.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us