cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solved

How to add backorder on sales order orint form?

We are running QuickBooks Premier 2017 Manufacturing edition. We need to be able to create backorder sales orders. The backorder sales order needs to have all the line items on the original sales order and what has and has not been shipped.

For an example.
A customer order 1000 "W" widgets, 750 "Y" widgets, and 750 "Z" widgets. They want 500 of the "W"s shipped on 1/1 and 500 shipped on 2/1. 500 "Y"s shipped on 1/1 and 250 shipped on 2/1. And 250 of the "Z"s shipped ASAP and 500 shipped on 2/1. So, we fist ship out the 250 "Z"s and invoice them. Now we need to create a new backorder sales order for the rest of the items.

We have this issue a lot and need to be able to have a sales order show what has already been shipped. It show on the screen, but not on the printed sales order. The invoice only shows the line items that has been shipped.

Best answer 12-10-2018 09:47 PM

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

Look at your Title Bar; did you really install this as Wh...

Look at your Title Bar; did you really install this as Wholesales & Manufacturing, or as Plain Premier? Plain Premier doesn't do backorder tracking.
10 Comments

Look at your Title Bar; did you really install this as Wh...

Look at your Title Bar; did you really install this as Wholesales & Manufacturing, or as Plain Premier? Plain Premier doesn't do backorder tracking.

I will have took look into this as we did not install it....

I will have took look into this as we did not install it. We started using Intuit's Hosting with Right Networks. I was told by Inuit that it would be the same version that we were running. They might have installed the wrong version. I assumed it would have been installed to our specification, but you know about assuming things. Thanks.

Ok, I have looked into it. It seems when Right Network in...

Ok, I have looked into it. It seems when Right Network installed the 2017 update, they installed the Premier Plus and not the Premier Manufacturing. As we were using the manufacturing before, I did not pay attention to the title bar and the Title bar is mostly covered up with the Remote Desktop Bar. I have contacted Right Network and they have corrected the issue.

For those who do not know, Right Network is the Hosting company that Intuit uses for there Desktop Hosting. You connect to the VM by remote desktop.

Version = Year. Edition = Flavor, or Specific Program th...

Version = Year.

Edition = Flavor, or Specific Program that is part of the Premier Family of Editions. Only Premier Wholesale & Manufacturing and Retail manage backorder tracking; you should see this as the Program Title for what you are running.
QuickBooks Team

Hey, edcorusa!  Having the ability to display and print b...

Hey, edcorusa

Having the ability to display and print backorder on Sales Order is one of the cool features of QuickBooks. 

Are you using a customized template when creating your Sales Order? If so, let's go ahead and try the steps below for a possible solution:

1. Create a new custom template for the Sales Order.
  2. Open the Sales Order.
  3. Go to the Formatting tab then click Customize Data Layout.
  4. In the Additional Customization window, click the Columns tab.
  5. Uncheck the box under the Print column for Backordered.
  6. Click Ok.

If you find the steps not helpful, just give me a holler; I'll be here.

Yes, it did at one time. But, 2017 does not have any opti...

Yes, it did at one time. But, 2017 does not have any option to add the colum in either the sales order or invoice templets. We have looked all over for this. At one time it worked for us just fine, but now it does not.
Not applicable

The problem is the check box for back order is lite and c...

The problem is the check box for back order is lite and cant do anything ???

That means it Doesn't Apply. This also isn't your topic....

That means it Doesn't Apply. This also isn't your topic. If you start your own topic, select the product, give us specific info that relates to your question and what you are doing and from where in the program, with which screen open, we can give you specific help. Thanks.

Re: Hey, edcorusa! Having the ability to display and print b...

Hi!

i am trying to add back order to my packing slip or sales order. When I go into customize template I clicked the check under print but when I print the invoice it won’t show the column (backorder) can you please help with this issue.

thank you

Have you started to fulfill that order?

@Kimzeder

Did you Invoice that SO, already? Once you invoice it, you have backorder status on the SO and the Invoice.