cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Solved

How to record daily till sales cash and card machine income with a Daily Summary

After a QB update on 5/6/19, our Daily Sales Summary that we have been using for years, no longer works. After entering in the information off of the POS z-report, we hit save and close. a Warning comes up: " You cannot associate an item with Sales Tax Payable, Undeposited Funds, A/P, A/R, or non-posting accounts. Usually, if you sell an item, use an income account, if you buy it, use an expense account."

What has changed?

Best answer 05-07-2019 04:56 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to record daily till sales cash and card machine income with a Daily Summary

Hi John M1,

You’ll encounter this prompt when you have a discount item on your sales transactions that is linked to a liability account (E.g., Gift cards, or Store credit). You have to recreate the item as service or non-inventory part. Let me help you get this recorded.

Here's how:

1. Click Lists.
  2. Click Item List.
  3. Click Item drop-down towards the bottom. Then, click New.
  4. Choose Service or Inventory Part under the Type drop-down.
  5. Enter the Item Name/Number, choose and Account.
  6. Click OK.

After that, you can try recording again.

Please give us a call if you're still unable to record, so we can further investigate. Just press F1 on your keyboard, then Contact us to get our number.

Let me know how it goes when you get to try the steps.

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: How to record daily till sales cash and card machine income with a Daily Summary

Hi John M1,

You’ll encounter this prompt when you have a discount item on your sales transactions that is linked to a liability account (E.g., Gift cards, or Store credit). You have to recreate the item as service or non-inventory part. Let me help you get this recorded.

Here's how:

1. Click Lists.
  2. Click Item List.
  3. Click Item drop-down towards the bottom. Then, click New.
  4. Choose Service or Inventory Part under the Type drop-down.
  5. Enter the Item Name/Number, choose and Account.
  6. Click OK.

After that, you can try recording again.

Please give us a call if you're still unable to record, so we can further investigate. Just press F1 on your keyboard, then Contact us to get our number.

Let me know how it goes when you get to try the steps.

Thanks SheillaGraceA

I changed the Gift Card Item and I could record. Looks like it's a good time to update our Daily Summaries!

John M1