- Export the customer data from your old company.
- From the left menu, select Sales then Customer.
- On the Customers page, select the icon on the right.
Note: If you want to include deleted/inactive customers, select the gear icon next to the export icon and check the Include inactive box.
- Save the exported file.
- Import the file into your new company. You can check this sample customer file to see how headers must appear in your spreadsheet.
- Select the Gear icon at the upper right.
- Under Tools, choose Import Data.
- Select Customers from the list.
- In the Import Customers page, select Browse.
- Find and select the Excel file, then choose Open.
- Select Next to continue.
Note: If you're missing any critical data, those fields will be highlighted in red; if your data is ok, you'll see a check mark.
- Select Next.
- Adjust your data if there are fields highlighted in red, then select Import.
Note: Terms on the left menu bar will vary based on company setup.