cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raaid Rehman
Level 1

How to view report of all daily transaction with their gross account balances ?

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-05 at 12.47.02 PM.jpeg

7 Comments 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Raaid, 

Let's customize the report to show the gross amount of each account for the selected period.

1. Open the Transaction Detail by Account report.
  2. Click on the Customize Report button. 
  3. In the COLUMNS section, search for Amount.
  4. Click on it to show the check mark.
  5. Click on OK.

1.PNG

To see the daily transactions with their gross amount per account, you'll need to update the date field. 

2.PNG

If you need more assistance, please let me know. I'm happy to help. 

Raaid Rehman
Level 1

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-06 at 9.02.32 AM.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello gain, Raaid Rehman.

Welcome back to the Community. 

When you run the report, change the accounting method to Cash. It will show the actual cash you've earn in the daily basis. 

Simply click on the Customize Report button. In the Display tab, choose Cash for Report Basis and click on OK.

1.PNG

Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks! 

Raaid Rehman
Level 1

Hello brother.Thankyou for helping but i think you misunderstood my question.My question was that how it is possible for a single report to show all the activity done in one day and at the same time show the accumulative balance of that account .for example if azeem Cash account had a closing balance of 500 $ on 1st of December. On 2nd December he spent 50 $ cash on lunch and then his closing balance should be 450$ on 2nd December.I want the report to show the activity done by Azeem Cash account ( that is a expense of 50$) and also show accumulative closing balance of that day ( that is 450$)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there again, Raaid Rehman.

I really appreciate you coming back with more details. Based on the scenario that you've shared, I'd recommend pulling up the Account QuickReport instead of the Transaction List by Account report. It's because the Transactions List report doesn't have the same Balance function with the Account QuickReport. You'll then customize it to show the selected period and the account's Balance.

Here's how:

1. Click on the Lists menu.
  2. Select Chart of Accounts.
  3. Double-click the bank account.
  4. Click on QuickReport.
  5. Change the period (Example: 12/01/2018-12/01/2018).
  6. Click on Customize Report button.
  7. In the COLUMNS section, type Balance in the search bar.
  8. Click on it and click on OK.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

I'll be around if you need more help. 

Raaid Rehman
Level 1

Brother i don't want a quick report of that account . i want a single report that shows all the activities done in a day and also my required balance.I know i can get that from two reports but i want that in a single report .Can you help me on that ?

qbteachmt
Level 15

You don't want a Quick Report; these are transaction listings, not financial perspective. And not a report from the Register view, either. You want Real Reports.

Go to Reports menu > Company & Financial. Here are the Financial reports, such as Balance Sheet Detail, use customize, filter on the one Bank account. Here is P&L Standard and P&L Detail = all transactions. If you want, for instance, Bal Sheet Summary, set a date range, then Columns by Month or Quarter, or even Day. Or, All Dates, then columns by Year. P&L Standard, for This Month, then customize and select to compare to the previous month; or for This Fiscal Year, with Columns by Month. Also run Cash Flow. Run Reports menu > Sales Reports, and AR or AP Aging. Try the Jobs, Time & Mileage reports for Profitability reporting.

Transaction or "GL" reports are for confirming clerical entries, not Analysis.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us