cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

I am looking to get a customized monthly report for our sales but i need to have a it for in state and out of state customers separately. Is there anyway you can help me customize that report?

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: I am looking to get a customized monthly report for our sales but i need to have a it for in ...

Hello there, @Ned2,

Thanks for joining QuickBooks Community. I can help customize your sales report.

QuickBooks Online allows you to customize and manage sales report but it depends on how you track to your in and out of state customers. If you tracked your customers by class or customer type, see the steps below to get the information you need.

Here's how:

1. On the Dashboard, select Reports.
2. From the Sales and Customers section, select Sales by Customer Detail.
3. In the Rows/column section under the Report period, select a Group by type.
 4. Click Run report.

That should get you pointed in the right direction.

​ 

For further reference, please read this article about how to customize reports.

I wish you and your business continued success. Let me know how it goes or if you're referring to something else by posting a comment.

Experienced Member

Re: I am looking to get a customized monthly report for our sales but i need to have a it for in ...

Hi,

Thanks for the fast response, however with the instructions you had given me, i do not have the option to choose the customers by states. I can check the different products they have bought or how they paid but not their location.

Thanks

Thanks for coming back to the Community, Ned2.

We don't have a report that can be grouped by customer's address. However, we can customize the forms by location, so we can easily track the sales transactions by state (available in QuickBooks Online Plus). I'm glad to show you how.

First, let's turn on location tracking.

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Account and Settings.image.png
  3. Select the Advanced tab.
  4. Click the Categories section, then check the Track Locations box.
  5. Choose the appropriate location label.
  6. Click Save.
  7. Select Done.image.png

Next, add a custom location or state.

1. Follow the first step above.
  2. Select All Lists.
  3. Choose Locations.image.png
  4. Click the New button.
  5. Enter the state.
  6. Check the appropriate option.
  7. Click Save.image.png

Once done, open the sales transactions and add the state in the Location box.

image.png

Lastly, let's run the Sale by Customer Detail report and group it by location. Please follow the steps I've laid out below:

1. Go to Reports on the left pane.
  2. Enter and select Sales by Customer Detail report in the search box.
  3. Under Group by, choose Location.
  4. Click Run report.

Please know that the "Not Specified" section includes the transactions that we haven't added a state or location.

image.png

The steps above should help you track the sales transactions by state.

Let me know if these steps work for you. I’ll be right here to assist if you have any questions. Best regards.

Experienced Member

Hi,

I am not able to see the categories section under the advanced tab? 

Thanks

QuickBooks Team

Hi Ned2,

Let me jump in and share some information about this.

The class and location tracking features are only available in QuickBooks Online Plus. That's why you're unable to see the Categories section in the Advanced tab.

And I've got two options for you. You can upgrade your subscription or follow this workaround to pull up the report.

First, customize your invoice template and add the location/state. Here's how:

1. Click Gear, and then Custom Form Styles.
  2. Click Edit on your Standard template.
  3. Click the Content tab. Then, click the Pencil icon on the Header part of the invoice.
  4. Scroll down to the +Custom field, then type "Location or State". Make sure to mark the box before it.
  5. Click Done.

Then, manually enter the customer's location when creating an invoice.

Lastly, include the custom field when running the sales report. Here's how to do it:

1. Click Reports. Then, enter Sales by Customer Detail in the Find report by name field.
  2. Click Customize at the top.
  3. Click the Rows/Columns drop-down. Then, click the Change columns link.
  4. Mark the Location/State box.
  5. Click Run report.

You can export the report to Excel to get the total amount of every location.

Feel free to read this article for details: How to customize reports.

This article will help you for future reference: Track sales commissions in QuickBooks Online.

If you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to swing by.

pic1.JPG

pic2.JPGpic3.JPG