cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

I am trying to run the report for job estimates vs actuals detail. The estimate column is correct, the actual column is zero for all items. But the grand total of the actual list is accurate.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: I am trying to run the report for job estimates vs actuals detail. The estimate column is cor...

Thanks for coming in with us, tjwinans.

Let's get this straightened out.

The Job estimates vs Actual Detail report compares the estimated and actual cost and the estimated and actual revenues for each item that you billed.

The Actual Cost is the amount of expenses assigned to a specific customer/job. Inventory isn't going to show a cost until you sell it. This column shows you zero amount for all items used except inventory. There's a possibility that the report shows you all service item except inventory reason why your Actual Cost column is showing a zero amount. 

You can double-click the amount of each columns if you wish to know what are the transactions that make up an amount.

Stay in touch if you have any other questions while working with Job Estimates vs. Actual Detail in QuickBooks. I'm always here to answer them for you.