cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carl4
Level 1

I'm adding transaction manually, they are in register and "chart of accounts" but not in banking ( "review"-"in quickbooks") ? What am I doing wrong?

8 Comments 8
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

I'm adding transaction manually, they are in register and "chart of accounts" but not in banking ( "review"-"in quickbooks") ? What am I doing wrong?

Hey there, @carl4.

Glad to see you here in the Community space.

Good job in adding your transactions in QuickBooks. I can share some insights why the transactions are showing on your register and Chart of Accounts but not in the For Review tab.

All newly downloaded transactions from your online banking account automatically go to the For Review tab in the Banking page. This section allows you to review, add, find a match or transfer these bank transactions.

After that, the transactions you added, matched and/or transferred are moved from the For Review tab to the In QuickBooks tab. Once transactions are under the In QuickBooks tab, they're also at the register.

For in-depth information, you can refer to this article: How to add and match downloaded banking transactions.

That should answer your query for today. Let me know if there's anything else you need. I'm always here to provide additional assistance. Wishing you and your business continued success.

testodo
Level 1

You are not [removed] answer this question. And it is very frustrating!

You just told the knowledge we already know.

The question is: we add a transaction MANUALLY WITHIN REGISTER. It does show up in REGISTER and reconcile fine. HOWEVER, it does NOT show up in "Reviewed", "Excluded" or even "All". Where the hell is this at? And because of this, the reconciled amount ("In Quickbooks") appeared correctly, THE PROBLEM IS: The Bank Balance is still OFF no Matter what we do. This is really stupid and time consuming for fixing such a stupid error!

How do we [removed] fix this?

MichaelDL
QuickBooks Team

Good afternoon, @testodo.

I have some clarification to provide on this issue regarding your QuickBooks Bank Balance. On the Banking tab, the balance listed above Bank Balance is a number sent directly from your financial institution representing the actual, live balance of your account. This value has no correlation with anything that's actually entered into QuickBooks.

If you're seeing a discrepancy between the Bank Balance and the In QuickBooks balance, there are a few potential causes. I'll list these causes below while providing resources on how to address them:

• Your financial institution may be updating the balance more often than it provides the transactions comprising it to QuickBooks.
    Try manually updating your bank feed to obtain an up-to-date balance.

• On the other hand, the balance may update less regularly than the transactions. It's also possible maintenance on your bank's website has temporarily disabled balance updates but will continue to send transactions.
    If the manual update didn't resolve the issue, check out our detailed guide on troubleshooting bank feeds to ensure the bank connection is functioning properly.

• There may be un-reconciled transactions in the Bank Register. From the Banking tab, click Go to Register > open the Filter menu ▼ (funnel icon) > set the Reconcile Status to Not Reconciled > check to see if there are any non-current un-reconciled transactions causing the discrepancy.

Ultimately, Reconciling is the best way to make sure your In QuickBooks balance matches the bank-provided Bank Balance. These resources are sure to help you succeed while reconciling:

Using all of this information, you can get to the bottom of that balance discrepancy right away. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you succeed with QuickBooks. Thanks for coming to the Community and have a wonderful rest of your day.

daisydays22
Level 3

Hello carl4,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem. I entered transactions manually in the REGISTER but they are not showing in the Banking's tab FOR REVIEW,  ALL or RECOGNIZED.

Could someone kindly help?

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Hi @daisydays22

Great day and thanks for joining this conversation. To clarify, all transactions entered manually in the register will not show in the Banking page. Hence, only those transactions that are added manually or automatically downloaded from your bank will appear.

If you want the transactions you've added manually to appear in the For Review tab on the Banking page, you can manually add your bank transactions in a CSV (Comma-separated values) file and import it into QuickBooks instead of adding them in the registers. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Settings icon, then choose Import Data under Tools
  2. Select Bank Data.
  3. Click Browse to select the file you've downloaded from your bank, then select Next.
  4. From the QuickBooks Account drop-down list, choose the appropriate bank or credit card account then click Next.
  5. Map the statement fields according to your CSV file format and select Next.
  6. Check the boxes of the transactions to import and select Next.
  7. Select Yes when prompted to import now. Then, click Let's go! when it's completed. 

Refer to this help article: Import bank transactions using Excel CSV files for more detailed steps on how to prepare your spreadsheet and save it in a CSV (Comma-separated values) file.

For future reference, you can also read through this help article: Download, match, and categorize your bank transactions in QuickBooks Online. This will help you learn about how to manage your downloaded transactions in the For Review tab. 

Feel free to message us again if you more questions. We're always here to further assist you. 

daisydays22
Level 3

Thank you so much @katherinejoyceO !

Extra helpful information!

Mag

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

You're most welcome, Mag @daisydays22. I'm glad that helps. 

You can also find articles and watch our video tutorials by visiting our QuickBooks Support to get answers to your product-related questions.

As always, I'm delighted to help and  answer all your concerns. All the best for your business! Take care.

DogsBreakfast
Level 2

Hi,

I noticed the same thing as @carl4 and the others above.

I manually added the transactions in my account accessed from chart of accounts, then was surprised to see that they did not appear anywhere under Banking.

It's confusing initially, but the answer above now clears it up sort of. What I wanted to understand was why do they not appear?

My best guess is that the Banking section is a record of why what transaction was sorted into what category. Eventually, the entries made in the ledger just show the ledger, not all the history of how they got there. By manually entering bank transactions, I think the user bypasses the systems that track and manages the workflow that produced the ledger as it stands, and writes in the ledger directly. That sort of makes sense, eventually once I thought about it. But just to check...is my understanding correct?

The implication is that while the view from Banking LOOKS like a ledger of the account, it is not really. It does not see any transactions written to the ledger by the user directly or manually. Right? 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us