cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
faithlebanon
Level 1

IN: What does the "CL" column in a journal entry mean...looking in the "Audit Log"?

I ended up deleting this journal entry. But the original entry when looking at it in the Audit log.....on account says "Not Cleared" and the other account is blank.
Solved
Best answer January 11, 2019

Best Answers
Kristine Mae

IN: What does the "CL" column in a journal entry mean...looking in the "Audit Log"?

I can lessen your confusion, faithlebanon.

The CLR column means "Cleared". If the journal entry is cleared in the register, it will show "C" in the CLR column. If it's not, it will just show blank. 

Please check screenshot below.

Feel free to tag me if you have further questions. Have a good day! 

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Kristine Mae

I can lessen your confusion, faithlebanon.

The CLR column means "Cleared". If the journal entry is cleared in the register, it will show "C" in the CLR column. If it's not, it will just show blank. 

Please check screenshot below.

Feel free to tag me if you have further questions. Have a good day! 

treasurerLSLL
Level 1

If it shows an "R" in that column, what would that mean?

Rea_M

The "R" status under the CLR column means Reconciled@treasurerLSLL. I'm here to provide further details about this.

When a transaction is reconciled, its status is tagged as R. In case it was accidentally deleted, you can re-enter one based on the details in the Audit Log. Let me guide you how.

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Audit Log.
  3. From the Filter drop-down menu, select the appropriate user, date, and event(s).
  4. Click Apply.
  5. Locate the deleted transaction (i.e. journal entry).
  6. Under the History column, select View.

I've attached screenshots below for your reference.

Audit Log QBO US.PNGAudit Log 2.PNGAudit Log 3.PNG

Additionally, it's best to keep track of your transactions and make sure they're up to date. With this, I'd recommend reconciling your account every month. This way, you can also monitor the growth of your business. For the detailed steps, kindly refer to this article: Reconcile an account in QuickBooks Online. It also contains information about editing completed reconciliations.

Please let me know if you have other concerns. I'm just around to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us