cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
glenile
Level 3

If Box 52 or 52 is not showing for tax tracking how do i fix this? i need it for t4 reporting

In ontario we have to report in box 52 the pension plan number and in box 52 the pension amount but it is not showing up in Tax tracking screen and is required by CRA

5 Comments 5
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

If Box 52 or 52 is not showing for tax tracking how do i fix this? i need it for t4 reporting

Happy Monday, glenile!

Don't worry, I can explain how QuickBooks Desktop handles the Box 52 information so you can include it on your employee's T4s. I know it's important to make sure you have all the required CRA information on that form.

Box 52 is classed as an adjustment item, and, because of that, it's something that's filled in manually when you're taking care of your T4s. Another user asked the same question, and I encourage you to take a look at the thread here to learn more about why: Box 52 entry on T4s. The title of the question is different than what it's supposed to be, but I want to assure you the conversation is about Box 52 on T4s.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions. :)

glenile
Level 3

Is QB ever going to solve this issue?

This just seems to me like it should be fixed as this takes a lot of time and an extra tracking spreadsheet for an accounting system that should be able to set it up properly.

It is QB that thinks of it an an adjusting entry.... not CRA and therefore i feel QB should change it so we can properly use it for what it is meant for... therefore no room for error.

After using QB for 2 years and having to do this every year it doesn't serve my purpose and perhaps should think about switching software in order to save time and money

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Welcome back, glenile,

I hear your concerns about this and can see how much more smoothly tax time would run if the program tracked the details for Box 52 for you. I appreciate that you've continued to use QuickBooks all this time.

Since the feature isn't available, I recommend submitting feedback to our product development team. You may have already done so, but if not, it's just a few easy steps: select the Help menu, choose Send Feedback Online, then pick Product Suggestion. This is a great way to share directly with that team what features and options matter to you. Many QuickBooks Desktop features exist because of the feedback we've received.

Take care!

LIBS857
Level 1

I realize this is an older question, but there doesn't seem to be a change by Intuit for Quickbooks Desktop 2022.

However when issuing T4 slips for 2021, although it's still a manual adjustment to the forms, you can still enter the amount into Box # 52 for the amount & Box # 50 for the plan number, when you "review"  the T4 slips before printing, by double-clicking on the box on the form onscreen.    Hint:  Copy ( CTRL/C ) the plan number on the first one you do, so you can just paste into subsequent forms.  This is great if you're e-filing, & then you're done.

Even if you're filing on Web Forms, at least the information is there with the other T4 data, when you're entering to the boxes on the screen.

karine-sekaconst
Level 2

Hello QB,

It is totally unacceptable that this issue has been brought to you since 2019 from many and IT IS STILL NOT FIXED!!!

We need to add info/amounts in box 50 and 52 and should be able to have that info on our T4. At least let us add it manually without doing a review and change.

We already brought this issue to development.

We will review doing it manually again but I will investigate another software for future.

Thanks,

Need to get in touch?

Contact us