cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

In Projects: in Overview: Invoice does not show up in income, if it hasn't been paid. Therefore, your profit margin is always negative. How to accrual basis

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: In Projects: in Overview: Invoice does not show up in income, if it hasn't been paid. Therefo...

Hey there, @ajwingate.

It's nice to see you here in the Community. I can help walk you through changing your accounting method to accrual basis in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

The accounting method showing on the Overview tab in the Projects menu is based on your company's overall accounting method. If you want to change it, you can follow these steps below:

1. Go to the Gear icon at the upper right, then pick Accounts and Settings under Your Company column.
2. Choose Advanced on the left panel and click the Pencil icon on the Accounting section.
3. Select Accrual on the Accounting method drop-down, then Save and Done.

8.PNG9.PNG

Once done, go back to the Overview tab to double-check. For future reference, you can also check out these articles for further guidance:

That should do the trick. Please let me know how it goes or if you have any additional questions or concerns. I'll be here to help you out. Have a wonderful rest of the day!