cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice Report

How do I run a report to see how many vendor invoices I've posted in a month?

10 Comments

Re: Invoice Report

Hi there, @Annie0319.

It's nice to see you in the Community. Allow me to help and walk you through in generating a report to see the number of vendor invoices created in a month. 

We can run a Custom Transactions Detail report and separate those posted invoices by month.

Here's how: 

1. Go to Reports menu, then select Custom Reports.
  2. Select Transaction Detail.
  3. At the top left, click the Customize Report button.
  4. Click the Filters tab. 
  5. On the FILTER section, select the following: 
  • Transaction Type = Bills
  • Date = All  

6. Click the Display tab.

7. From the Total by drop-down, select Month

8. Click OK.

I've added some screenshots for your reference.

Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

The following article contains additional information about customizing vendor reports: Customizing QuickBooks Desktop reports.

If you need to reach out for more help, our phone agents will be able to help you get to a resolution quickly.

Here's how: 

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact#.
  2. Select your QuickBooks product at the top right.
  3. Select a topic. 
  4. Click the green Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

That should get you back on track.

Drop a comment below if you have any other questions about creating a vendor report. I'll be happy to help you further. 

Experienced Member

Hello there, 

This report is great but i've been asked to provide a daily amount invoiced.  I've tried customizing this report but cannot get it to generate a list based off of the date the invoice is created, only the date selected on each respective invoice. Is there a trick to this - is it possible? I'd like to see a list with a total of the invoices I create each day.  Would greatly appreciate a walk-through to generate this report with screen shots.

Thanks  so much!

QuickBooks Team

Good day, @ivanhoe1978.

Thank you for joining this thread. I can help you run a report that shows all the invoice created on a specific date with the total amount.

1. Click Customers.
  2. Choose Customer Center.
  3. Select the Transactions tab.
  4. Click Invoices.
  5. Customize the date to Today or specific date range.
  6. Click Run Reports and choose View as Report.

You will be prompted to the Report window and that will give you more customization feature

I'm happy to help you with reporting, ivanhoe1978. Please know that I'm still here to help you more. Just add a comment below or mention my name. Wishing you all the best!

Experienced Member

Thanks a ton for your reply but it didn't work Smiley Sad

This generated a blank report when I've been creating invoices all day.  If the invoices I created today had been dated for today, I think you'd have exactly what I need; however, usually i'm creating invoices for work that has been performed in the past. The key component of this report is 'CREATED' today and I don't see that option.

Thanks and I hope you reply!  Grateful, Ivan

QuickBooks Team

The Community has your back, ivanhoe1978.

I'm here to help ensure you can run the report you need for these invoices in QuickBooks Desktop.

The basis for running reports in the system is the date when you create invoices. We can try creating a custom report with the Transaction Detail type to show what you need.

Here's how:

1. Click the Reports tab at the top menu bar.
  2. Select Custom Reports.
  3. Click Transaction Detail.
  4. Click Customize Report.
  5. Go to the Filters tab.
  6. Below Filter, select Transaction Type.
  7. Below Transaction Type, click the drop-down arrow and select Multiple Transaction Types.
  8. Select Invoice and click OK.
  9. Click OK again.
  10. Click the drop-down arrow next to Dates, and select Custom for the dates.

1.JPG

Please don't hesitate to come here with regards to the reports available. The Community is here to ensure your success. 

Experienced Member

Hi there and thank you for trying to help. I followed the instructions exactly and it still generates a blank report.  I've been making invoices all day.  Please advise.

QuickBooks Team

Let's get this report show the transactions, Ivanhoe1978.

I've checked the screenshot you've attached and saw that the date wasn't changed. After choosing Custom, make sure to manually change the From and To dates. Then, click Refresh. This way, the transactions will show. Please check my screenshot below.

Feel free to leave a comment if you need more help from us. 

Experienced Member

I feel like I'm not being heard here.  Of course, I changed the day.  I want to see all of the invoices I created today. Today is the 6th.  I made invoices all day and the report as you can see is blank.  Please read all of the thread and then reply.

Hi there, @ivanhoe1978.

Thanks for getting back to us. Allow me to chime in for a moment and help make sure that the invoices you've created today will show on that report.

First of all, I appreciate you providing a screenshot of your QuickBooks. Upon checking it, I notice that the report is on Cash basis. Let's try to change that to Accrual basis then Refresh the report, so those invoices will show.

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

That'll do the trick! Please let me know how it goes in the comment section below. I'd be glad to answer should you have any follow-up questions or concerns. Take care and have a good one.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

We don't want you to feel that way, Ivan.  I'll do my best to help you get the report you need.

It's important that we set the report to Accrual basis first (as suggested by @FritzF) since we're looking at vendor invoices or bills.

Next, let's filter the report by the Entered/Last Modified date. This way, the report will show bills or vendor invoices based on when you created them (and not the bill's date). Here's how to get that done: 

1. In the Custom Transaction Detail report that you're on, click Customize Report
  2. Go to the Filters tab, select Entered/Last Modified in the Filter list.
  3. Then, set the correct date. You can choose from the drop-down list or enter the date manually.

Customize Report 2.png

Before you click on OK, let's make sure to set the proper settings in the Display tab too. This will make the report more accurate. 

1. Go to the Display tab. Make sure the Report Date range is set to All.
  2. In the Columns section, select Entered/Last Modified. 
  3. Then, in the Sort by drop-down list, select Entered/Last Modified too.  
  4. Click OK

Customize Report 1.png

This is how my report looks like: 

SAMPLE CUSTOM TRANSACTION DETAIL REPORT.PNG

I have a bill dated 01/01/19 which I created today. It shows up in the report after selecting the correct filters. 

I'd be glad to zip right back if you need more help.