cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
57jbparker
Level 1

Is it possible to upload bank statements from my computer to quickbooks , rather than linking up with my bank.?

11 Comments 11
AlcaeusF

Is it possible to upload bank statements from my computer to quickbooks , rather than linking up with my bank.?

Hello @57jbparker,

Welcome to the Community.  I'd be glad to provide information about uploading statements without linking the bank to QuickBooks Online.

You have the option to add transactions from your bank statement without connecting your financial institution. Our WebConnect tool will help you import your bank data into QBO.

QuickBooks Online currently supports the following file formats:

• Comma-Separated Values (CSV)
  • Quicken (QFX)
  • QuickBooks Online (QBO)
  • Microsoft Money (OFX)

All the details about the import process are in this article:

How to upload more than 90 days of bank transactions

I want to ensure this is taken care of so please don't hesitate to post a comment below if you need any help. The Community team is here in case you need further assistance.

image.png

57jbparker
Level 1

Ok I see where it ask's to manually upload data.  Why then does it ask to link to my bank.  I have all of the statements downloaded and saved on my computer.  Is it possible to up load those to my quick books online?

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Welcome back to the Online Community, 57jbparker.

I can help ensure you’re able to upload the bank statements into QuickBooks.

As mentioned by @AlcaeusF, you can import transactions by using the WebConnect feature. I’ll walk you through the process to successfully transfer them to QBO.

Here's how:

1. Go to Banking on the left panel, and select Banking.
  2. Then select Upload transactions manually.
  3. Click on the Browse button, and choose the file you downloaded from your bank.
  4. Select Next.
  5. On the Select an account page, click on the drop-down and choose the account to which to upload the transactions, and select Next.
    Note: If you don't have an account set up yet, you can select Add New to add an account.
  6. When uploading a CSV file, follow the prompts to select columns from the CSV file that match QuickBooks Online banking fields.
  7. After mapping the file, click Yes to confirm and choose Next.
  8. On the Import completed page, select Let’s go!

After performing these steps, you'll see the the transactions in the For Review window. From there, you can add or match the transactions

bank1.pngbank2.pngbank3.pngbank4.pngbank5.pngbank6.pngbank1.png

If you have additional questions about the process, keep me posted by leaving me a comment. I'd be glad to assist you further. Have a good one. 

lynnphtr1
Level 1

So what if I just have Bank statement in PDF format? I tried to convert it to CSV. but it always screwed up the rows and columns. Client is 6 month late so I have to upload the bank statement from Sep 2019. 

Michael K

You've come to the right place, @lynnphtr1.

At the moment, QuickBooks doesn't support the PDF file type for bank uploads, however most banks will allow you to export transactions from your statement to one of the supported file types (outlined by my colleague above). If you aren't sure how to do that on their website, I recommend getting in touch with them so that they can walk you through it.

You can check out the other replies above for steps on how to import them and for the articles on the topic.

Let me know if you have any other questions by hitting that Reply button below. I'm here for you. Have a good one!

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@lynnphtr1 

We had to do some trial and error to convert some of our client's bank statements. A free PDF converter tool may only fit to a limited certain template. A few of our clients had to purchase a paid license of PDF converter tool.

Jeandre
Level 1

I have tried to upload my CSV file to Quickbooks Online, but the following error keeps popping up:

"Your file does not contain the three required columns: transaction date, memo and amount."

I have ensured my CSV file has the column headings as shown in the attached photo:

Please let me know what can be done to fix this.

I have linked my bank account but it wont give more transactions than 90 days prior to today. 

The transactions i want to upload is from April-July as the only ones shown in Quickbooks are the transactions from July-September.

Ryan_M

Hi @Jeandre,

I appreciate the screenshot you included in your post. I'll help ensure that you're able to upload your bank transactions error-free. 

Based on the image you provided, the CSV file is using a different date format. QuickBooks Online (QBO) accepts the mm/dd/yyyy date format. You can refer to this article for additional tips on how you can successfully upload your CSV file: Import bank transactions from .CSV to QuickBooks

I'll leave this article here as well: Fix bank upload errors in QuickBooks Online. You can keep this as a reference in case you encounter errors in future CSV uploads. 

Feel free to place a comment below if you have any other concerns. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

Aquatic
Level 1

Is it possible to upload my statements from my email to QuickBooks . 

My statements are 18/19yr

Catherine_B
QuickBooks Team

Yes, you can definitely upload your bank statements into QuickBooks Online, Aquatic.

You'll want to download the list of transactions from your email and ensure to save it in a QBO, CSV, QFX file format. Then, you can follow these easy steps on how to upload them to the system:

1. Go to the Banking or Transactions menu.
  2. Select Banking and at the upper-right, click the drop-down arrow beside Link account and select Upload from file.
  3. Click Browse and then select the file you downloaded from your email. Then, select Next.
  4. In the QuickBooks account dropdown, select the account you want to upload the transactions into. Then, Next.
  5. Follow the onscreen instructions and map the fields correctly and then click Next.
  6. When everything's set, select Let's go.

Once the transactions are in your bank feeds, you can categorize them. 

Let me know if you have other questions. I'll be glad to help. Take care and have a great day!

Aquatic
Level 1

Is it possible to upload my statements from my email to QuickBooks . 

My statements are 18/19yr

Need to get in touch?

Contact us