cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbranch
Level 1

Is there a way to post multiple payments by sorting the open invoices by invoice #?

9 Comments 9
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Is there a way to post multiple payments by sorting the open invoices by invoice #?

Hi there, @pbranch.

It's nice to have you here in the Community. I'm here to help post multiple payments and sort the open invoices by invoice number.

If you're receiving the payment under the Sales Transactions page, you can go to the Number column and make sure that the arrow beside NO. is pointing upward to sort the invoice by the invoice number accordingly.f1abd.PNG

However, if you're receiving the payment under the Receive Payment page, you'll need to select a customer and put a check-mark on the invoices marked to be paid.f1........d.PNG

To learn more about receiving payments in QuickBooks Online (QBO), you may check this tutorial: Receive Payments in QuickBooks.

Let me know if you have any other questions about invoices and payments, I'm always here to help you. Wishing you continued success!

BOberlander
Level 1

@Angelyn_T  I think you missed the original question.

Is there a way to sort the Receive Payments screen by invoice # so it's easier to select multiple invoice #'s when receiving a payment?

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for joining the thread, @BOberlander.

I'd be glad to help share information about the invoices in the Receive Payment screen.

When receiving the payment of your invoices in QuickBooks Online (QBO), you have the option to filter the invoice you want to pay clicking the arrow beside Filter. If you wish to pay invoices on a certain date/period, you can filter the dates from there.

On the other hand, invoices on the Receive Payment screen are arranged according to their due dates. You can sort the screen by invoice number as long as their due dates are also arranged accordingly. 

b3 1.PNG

b3 ....PNG

You're always welcome to post again if you have any other receive payments concerns. I'll be right here to assist you!

Secelia
Level 1

I use qQuickbooks.jpguickbooks Desktop Pro 2018 and I need to sort by invoice number when receiving payments, but the screens are different. How can I sort my edition?

JessT

I'll be happy to share how you can get a sorted list to guide you, Secelia.

By default, QuickBooks will sort the invoices by date. Then, the invoices with the same dates are arranged based on the creation time. Example: If invoice #2 was created first before invoice #1, invoice #2 will be on the top of the list.

At the moment, we're unable to sort the invoices on the Receive Payment page. However, you can run a quick report and sort the transactions by Num, so you'll have a guide which invoices to select first.

sort.PNG

Let me know if you have additional questions about the arrangement of your invoices.

Secelia
Level 1

Not want I wanted to hear, please make this feature available on the next update or version, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a big problem with this. Thanks

@JessT wrote:

I'll be happy to share how you can get a sorted list to guide you, Secelia.

By default, QuickBooks will sort the invoices by date. Then, the invoices with the same dates are arranged based on the creation time. Example: If invoice #2 was created first before invoice #1, invoice #2 will be on the top of the list.

At the moment, we're unable to sort the invoices on the Receive Payment page. However, you can run a quick report and sort the transactions by Num, so you'll have a guide which invoices to select first.

sort.PNG

Let me know if you have additional questions about the arrangement of your invoices.

OSNS
Level 1

I am having the exact same problem and very unhappy there doesn't seem to be a solution.  You can sort on the Transaction screen but not when you go to Receive Payment.  I have literally over 2,000 open invoices for one customer and typically get paid on about 500 per check but then the invoice numbers are completely jumbled so I can't find them.  I don't see why the Receive Payment screen can't be set up exactly as the Transaction screen where it has all the information I need, can be sorted, has the memo line I'd like to see.  This is a huge problem for me and will likely make me cancel my new subscription if a solution can't be found. 

OSNS
Level 1

Has there been any updates on how to sort by invoice number in the Receive Payment screen?  There has to be a quick easy fix to this.  I see there are many people who have the same issue.  It simply doesn't make sense to not allow the Receive Payment screen to sort by invoice number if you choose.  Hours and hours of my time have already been wasted.  PLEASE HELP!!

RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Providing the best experience with the product is what we aim for, OSNS.

At this time, there's no specific time frame when the option to sort by invoice number in the Receive Payment screen be available. By default, QuickBooks Online (QBO) sorts the invoices by date. The invoices with the same dates are arranged based on the time they are created. However, we can run a quick report and sort the transactions by Num, so you'll have a guide on which invoices to choose first. If this is something our engineers need to look into, you can submit product suggestions by following these steps:

1. Click the Gear icon at the top. 
  2. Choose Feedback.
  3. Enter your comments or product suggestions.
  4. Then select Next to submit feedback.

Your valuable feedback goes to our Product Development team to help improve your experience in QucikBooks Online (QBO). You can track feature requests through the QuickBooks Online Feature Requests website. Additionally, you can keep an eye on our QuickBooks Blog to stay up-to-date with the latest news.

Feel free to visit our Invoices and payments page for more insights about managing your invoices in QuickBooks. 

You can always post again if you have questions about your account. I'll also address other QBO concerns you might have. Have a great day ahead.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us