cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeremy5
Level 1

Is there any way to disable the pop-up ad for QuickBooks Payments that comes up every time I create an invoice?

23 Comments 23
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Is there any way to disable the pop-up ad for QuickBooks Payments that comes up every time I create an invoice?

Hello there, @jeremy5.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to help and address your concern about QuickBooks Payments in QuickBooks Online (QBO). 

As of now, QBO doesn't have an option to turn off the pop-up messages for products and services including QuickBooks Payments. I encourage you to let our Product Development Team know about your thoughts regarding this feature for consideration in a future enhancement.

To send feedback, please follow these steps:

1. Click the Gear Icon.
  2. Select Feedback
  3. Click Next and choose Feedback under Category option.
  4. Select Save

Please know that I'm only a post away if you need additional assistance. I'm always here to provide help and answer any questions that you may have. Have a 

Magpie19
Level 1

In QBs online clicking on Next in Feedback asks for "Please enter a message". No selection for Category Option in Feedback.

Magpie19
Level 1

Clicking Next in Feedback, does not provide an option for Category option. It asks to "Please enter a message". 

JessT

Hi Magpie19,

The popup about QuickBooks Payments will eventually stop. Just keep on clicking on x (close) and QuickBooks will remember that choice.

On the other hand, when you click on Next in Feedback, it sends the message to our product development team. I'll also share your feedback on QuickBooks Payments with them.

The Community team is always here if you need more help.

dwkart
Level 1

This is ridiculous, this has been going on for months. QB online has enough issues now evertime I send an email invoice I have to hit the X and shut down your stupid ad. Your program is becoming the most time consuming QUICK accounting program ever, nothing but delays, errors and just aweful. Worst thing we ever did was listen to your ADVISORS and switch from desktop. Now we can't even turn off your stupid ads. We may have actually been interestged in that service but no thanks. 

Rose-A

Hi, dwkart.

Allow me to share additional information about the ads appearing when emailing an invoice n QuickBooks Online.

The ads in QuickBooks are designed to guide and suggest you how to optimize your QuickBooks Online experience. Since they're affecting your navigation experience, as a workaround you may want to enable the pop-up windows in QuickBooks Online.

To enable pop-ups in Google Chrome:

1. Open Google Chrome.
  2. Copy and paste chrome://settings/content/popups into the address bar, then Enter.
  3. Go to Allow section, then select Add.
  4. Copy and paste [*.]qbo.intuit.com in the Add a site field, then select Add.

For your reference, check out these articles:

I can pass along the suggestions you have so you're able to reach a point of resolution as quickly as possible.

You can get directly in touch with me if you have additional questions about QuickBooks Online. Have a good one.

ddoyle1
Level 2

This advice is worthless. The ads cannot be shut off. 

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

I myself don't want to see pop-ups when I'm using an online services, @ddoyle1.

Let me share additional details about the in-product prompts you’ve seen on your end.

To clarify, are you referring to the in-product pop-ups? If so, they're designed to guide and suggest you how to optimize your QBO experience. You’ve received the prompt since the system detects that you’ve not enabled the built-in Payment features of QuickBooks. 

If you choose not to use QuickBooks Payments, you may ignore the prompt or click on the X or No, thanks button to close it. There’s no way to turn off the prompts completely. Rest assured, this will not affect your navigation experience.

On the other hand, to unlock the software’s full potential, I’d recommend checking out these articles for tips on how to unlock: QuickBooks Online Help Articles.

Also, you can check our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/.

You can post anytime if you have other questions about processing and receiving payments from your customers in QuickBooks. I’m always here to answer your inquiries.

blahblah11
Level 1

Hello peoples.  We are also experiencing this horrible issue.  Tech support informed me that it is not able to be shut off but I have had case ID { removed } created in hopes that it will be passed to their programmers.  A "Do Not Show Again" checkbox needs to be added as standard programming norms mandate.   If you are having trouble with this error, please list stated case ID in all manners that are available.  This will not get fixed unless enough of us demand a change.

MariaSoledadG
QuickBooks Team

Hi blahblah11,

We'll pass this to our developers so you can use QuickBooks according to your business needs. 

As mentioned by @IamjuViel, this is designed to guide and suggest you on how to optimize your QBO experience. The developers team needs enough time to determine and implement the updates.

Since you already have  contacted our support team, I'll make sure to look back in to this and will send a follow up request.

I have added this link for your future reference: Payments for QuickBooks Online .

Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance. I'll be right here to help.

ddoyle1
Level 2

It IS affecting my navigation experience, you absolute moron. I've been clicking X for a year - ZERO CHANGE. We're leaving Quickbooks and never returning. 

ddoyle1
Level 2

What if I bothered YOU with this garbage at work every day for a year?

Cindy2Plus3
Level 1

We are dealing with the same issue. We were moved from QuickBooks desktop to online because we were told it was mandatory, and have been encountering issue after issue. The most aggravating one that led me to create a Q&A account, is the fact that after EVERY. SINGLE. INVOICE. it asks us to "Check out your sweet features." It has been almost 2 years since this post yet still not one checkbox to disable these prompts, or a timed delay on the prompts after saying "Okay, I got it." Its understandable that you need to upsell as a business, but it is beyond poor business sense to sacrifice overall user productivity / happiness with the product. Even if you hid the option in the preferences somewhere, it would solve both issues. We are moving platforms because of many small issues like this, as using QuickBooks Online does us more harm than good in its current state.

canyoncabinets
Level 2

I tried the feedback feature and it doesn't work. I am leaving my message in this thread, please pass it on. 

STOP with the QBO popups. I can't create an invoice without having it interrupt my workflow less than three times. I don't want to use your task manager feature, nor do I want to use the QBO option of accepting and using QBO for payments and optional credit card transactions. Please stop with the constant reminders of software options. 

My suggestion is to create a link on the home page showing all the options for changing or upgrading workflow and leave it at that. The more you annoy me with your popups, the less I want to use them. 

One of the greatest features about QBO is being able to adapt it to my needs and workflow. Stop trying to push me into something I don't want or need. 

tr2021
Level 1

2021 and still need the Level 3 Data Processing pop-up advertisement needs to be blocked. Ridiculous that tech support has no idea how to disable and I was told I'd need to cancel my receive cc/ electronic payment subscription to stop the pop-up. Seriously?

ihateads
Level 2

This is a paid business tool.  Serve your customers.  Don't treat us like leads you just sell more to.   These "suggestions" are bull**** (PC police won't let me have the real word).  Show them once, and then when I say no, make them not come back.  They take up significant screen real estate and are a waste of time for the customer (me) who is just trying to get the job done.

Also don't say "I'll reach out to the development team". I can guarantee the developers didn't want to put this garbage in, it was a product manager who though "I can improve my KPI of higher dollars per customer" for the quarter.  Nevermind you are screwing your overall customer count.

handsonautotech
Level 3

"Rest assured, this will not affect your navigation experience."

Seriously? The whole reason people are posting about this over and over again is because the in program advertising is adversely affecting our navigation experience.

KeystoneEnterprises
Level 3

None of this works and even if it did, you're requiring me to use Chrome to implement a workaround for your own software.  What a joke. 

KeystoneEnterprises
Level 3

@ddoyle1 wrote:

It IS affecting my navigation experience, you absolute moron. I've been clicking X for a year - ZERO CHANGE. We're leaving Quickbooks and never returning. 

It absolutely is.  Extra time X-ing out bs ads I don't want, not to mention they sometimes sneak in a pre-populated button that tricks you into accepting.  It's not sloppy coding, this is working exactly as they intend it.  

handsonautotech
Level 3

Good luck a lot of people here have been complaining about this exact thing for over 2 years. They either do not actually read the complaints here, or they simply do not care at all. I am still waiting to see if anyone tries out a replacement software. I am reluctant to switch without hearing about someones real life experience with different accounting software.

mactax
Level 2

If you think you are having issues with QB Online wait until you go back to the desktop.  so many issues over and over again.  You can no longer open 2022 and 2023 at the same time.  We keep getting error 54 which can't be fixed.  So not sure which is the worse of two evils.

Pritts 08
Level 1

NOT WORKING

FateCandylaneT
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you coming into this forum, Pritts 08.

I want to ensure we've got the right information about your concern for us to provide you with a resolution. May I know more about your issue? Are you referring to these pop-up ads when using the online program? What specific concern do you want to address? This way, we'll be able to provide you with comprehensive information and guide you through the process.

Any additional information is much appreciated.

Feel free to get back to us and leave a reply below for any additional information. I'll be looking forward to helping you with your added queries. Keep safe and have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us