cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
burlesonava
Level 2

Maximum number of Inventory Items for QuickBooks online Plus. Do you have custom fields which can be used. And can you condense file to free up more Items.

Solved
Best answer October 09, 2019

Best Answers
Rose-A

Maximum number of Inventory Items for QuickBooks online Plus. Do you have custom fields which can be used. And can you condense file to free up more Items.

Hi, TDK Ewusi.

I appreciate you following up about the unlimited inventory feature request for QuickBooks Online.

At this time, there isn’t a specific time frame as to when this feature be available. Our development team is constantly working to improve the product and appreciates the help of users in bringing things like this to their attention. I've already taken note of your suggestion and will inform you whenever we have it available for our users.

I can pass along all the suggestions you have to the appropriate channels so you're able to reach a point of resolution as quickly as possible. As soon as an update is received, I will be happy to update this thread and let everyone know so that you can enjoy this feature.

For now, I'd encourage you to visit our QuickBooks Blog, so you'll be updated with our product improvements. Just go to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/.

Additionally, I'd encourage you to visit our Firm for the future to be updated with our latest news about QuickBooks. Just go to https://www.firmofthefuture.com/product-industry-news/product-updates/.

You may find these articles helpful:

For account-related discussion, feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks Online Support.

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
  2. Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
  3. Select Contact US on the pop-up.
  4. Enter a brief description of your concern then hit Continue.
  5. Click Get a callback.
  6. Enter your contact information.
  7. Select Call me.

The Community is around the corner if you have more questions about QuickBooks inventory. You have a wonderful day.

View solution in original post

15 Comments 15
JessT

Hi there, burlesonava!

You'll be happy to know that there's no limit when entering inventory items, so you won't need to free up more of them. However, there isn't a custom field like in QuickBooks Desktop.

I like the idea of adding a custom field though. Let's suggest this to our product development team. As I do it here, you can also click on the Gear icon and choose Feedback. It's a way of letting them know about the features you like to add in the product.

lf you have more questions, you can always use this thread. If you have a it's a totally different question. like a different topic, feel free to post another one.

TDK Ewusi
Level 2

Please does the Unlimited Inventory items still holds now?

Rose-A

Hi, TDK Ewusi.

I appreciate you following up about the unlimited inventory feature request for QuickBooks Online.

At this time, there isn’t a specific time frame as to when this feature be available. Our development team is constantly working to improve the product and appreciates the help of users in bringing things like this to their attention. I've already taken note of your suggestion and will inform you whenever we have it available for our users.

I can pass along all the suggestions you have to the appropriate channels so you're able to reach a point of resolution as quickly as possible. As soon as an update is received, I will be happy to update this thread and let everyone know so that you can enjoy this feature.

For now, I'd encourage you to visit our QuickBooks Blog, so you'll be updated with our product improvements. Just go to https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/.

Additionally, I'd encourage you to visit our Firm for the future to be updated with our latest news about QuickBooks. Just go to https://www.firmofthefuture.com/product-industry-news/product-updates/.

You may find these articles helpful:

For account-related discussion, feel free to reach out to our QuickBooks Online Support.

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Company.
  2. Click (?) Help at the upper right corner.
  3. Select Contact US on the pop-up.
  4. Enter a brief description of your concern then hit Continue.
  5. Click Get a callback.
  6. Enter your contact information.
  7. Select Call me.

The Community is around the corner if you have more questions about QuickBooks inventory. You have a wonderful day.

TDK Ewusi
Level 2

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Please a Client subscribed for QBO trial for test.

However, they later subscribed but after the subscription, an invitation was sent her but QBO is asking for the Password for the trial instead of allowing new password to be created.

We have used the forgot password option but to no avail.

Kindly help.

Thanks

JonpriL

Hi there, @TDK Ewusi!

You can let your client change his/her password directly from the Account Management page. I'm here to help you accomplish this so you can share it with your client.

1. Go to the Account Management page.
  2. Enter your client's login credentials used to subscribe to his/her account.
  3. Select Sign In & Security.
  4. On the Password section, select Edit.
  5. Enter your client's new password.
  6. Click Save.

In addition, here's an article you can read to learn more about how your client can change their password: Change your Email, User ID, or Password for QuickBooks Online.

Please know that the steps above can only be performed if you wanted to reset a password for the Admin user.

In case you need some related articles in managing your aaccount, you can visit our Account Management articles or reference.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know in the comment section down below. I'll be always around ready to help.

TDK Ewusi
Level 2

Hi JonpriL, 

Thanks for your reply.

Please the password concerned is not an Admin one but a standard user.

This is the issue;

She registered for a trial on her own for a test, then later her company subscribed for QBO after the test. Now, she was sent an invitation as a Standard User with the same email ID used for the Trial. However, QBO does not allow her to accept the invitation to enter her new password for her company's QBO Account. It is rather asking her for the old password used for the trial of which she has forgotten. 

Please I hope this is clear now.

Thanks

JaneD

Hi TDK Ewusi,

Each Intuit user ID can only have one password associated with your client's email address. 

In this case, she can reset her password by following these steps:

1. Open the invitation email and click on the Let's go link.1.PNG
  2. On the Sign in page, select the I forgot my user ID or password link.2.PNG
  3. A reset password link will be sent to her email address. Just click on the Reset password button and follow the on-screen instructions.3.PNG

Otherwise, choose I no longer have access to this email and select Message us for support.

From there, one of our QBO experts will be able to help reset your client's password with more tools.

Though, your client can use the same user ID for all her companies, so that the accounts are listed in one place when she log in to QuickBooks Online (QBO).

I've attached a screenshot for reference.Capture.PNG

The following article will provide more information: Sign in to multiple companies with one user ID.

For future reference, check out this link: Change your email, user ID, or password for QuickBooks Online.

Please keep me posted if you have any follow-ups or other questions. I'm here to help. Wishing you the best.

TDK Ewusi
Level 2

Dear JaneD,

Thanks for your support.

TDK Ewusi
Level 2

Hello, Please how can I check subscription expiry date for QuickBooks Enterprise v19.0

Jen_D

Glad to see you here, @TDK Ewusi,

Checking the expiry date of your QuickBooks account can be accessed in the Customer Account Management Portal Site (CAMPS) website. Here's how:

1. Click this link: Your QuickBooks Account (CAMPS).
  2. Log in using your Intuit credentials.
  3. Select the product to view the subscription details.

However, if you don't have an Intuit login and not the current primary contact of the account, I recommend contacting our Customer Service Team directly. They can review your billing details and give the exact date when the product is due. Here's how to get support:

1. Go to your QuickBooks Home page, then click the Help menu at the top.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop Help from the drop-down.
  3. Hit the Contact us icon.

I want to make sure you're taken care of, let me know how it goes by adding a new comment below. I'm here if you need additional help with anything in QuickBooks. Have a wonderful week!

Hom
Level 2

Hi, Interesting to note that you indicated there is NO limit to max.number of inventory items. Tried to import Square inventory list to QBO and an error msg displayed due to  more than 1000 rows of items. Would you know why? and how can one overcome that apart from splitting the Square inventory list to less than that? Tks

vpcontroller
Level 11

@Hom wrote:

Hi, Interesting to note that you indicated there is NO limit to max.number of inventory items. Tried to import Square inventory list to QBO and an error msg displayed due to  more than 1000 rows of items. Would you know why? and how can one overcome that apart from splitting the Square inventory list to less than that? Tks

@Hom There is still no limit on how many products and services you can have in QBO. But the import limitation is 1,000 rows of items at a time. For example: If you've 2,500 items, you will need to import the list 3 times. 

This applies to all the import lists: Customers, Vendors, Chart of Accounts, Bank feeds, and Products and Services. Importing customer invoices may also be the same.

Maj S
Level 2

I am new to QB Online and I am in the process of setting up my inventory for my retail business. I tried to upload my inventory list, but I got an error message about maximum number of rows and I could not proceed. My question is there is a cap on the number of rows that we can upload ( each row is a different inventory item). If there is not limit, how can I upload a list of more than 3000 rows of items?

KlentB

I can share some tips on how you successfully upload the list, Maj S.

Take note that you can only import up to 1,000 rows at a time. If your list is longer than that, It's recommended to split it up into multiple smaller files. To learn more about this process you can read this article: Import products and services into QuickBooks Online.

If you don't want to split the list, you may need to use a third-party importer tool to bring in all your inventory items at once. You'll want to visit our QuickBooks App Market or go to the Apps menu in your QBO account to find one. Here's how:

1. Select Apps from the sidebar menu.
  2. Go to the Find Apps tab.
  3. Enter a keyword in the search field or click Browse category to filter the results.

Lastly, here's an article that you can check out to learn more about inventory works in QuickBooks Online: Set up and track your inventory.

Keep me posted if you need more help in managing your inventory. I'm always here to help.

Maj S
Level 2

Rose - my concern is stamped as SOLVED and it is not. I could not even schedule a Call Back. Please do not add anything that is misleading to others. I am in the waiting process and I won't be able to schedule anything yet. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us