cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
office24
Level 1

My checks do no print my address, bank info and my signature. How can I set this up ?

13 Comments 13
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

My checks do no print my address, bank info and my signature. How can I set this up ?

Hello there, @office24.

Welcome to the Community. Allow me to share some information about printing address, bank info and signature on checks in QuickBooks Online.

Currently, the option to print company address, bank information, and signature on a check isn't an option in QuickBooks Online. To show these details when printing checks, you may want to consider purchasing pre-printed checks in our QuickBooks Checks & Supplies site.

You can visit them through this link: https://intuitmarket.intuit.com/checks.

We always aim to help our customer to run their business easier. I encourage you sharing this idea to our developers. Doing this helps them understand where we can improve and what features should be added so we can better serve you. You can do this by clicking on the Gear icon and select on Send Feedback Online.

Should you have any other questions about QuickBooks, just let me know and I'd be pleased to help.

cvette1426
Level 1

QB reply is simply not true.  I ran a company in the past and QB WAS setup to print the bank information on it.  I am currently having the same issue with my new company.  I know for a fact that this CAN be done, so you can use blank check stock, which is 5000% cheaper than buying pre-printed checks.

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @cvette1426.

I'd be glad to help you today so you'll be able to include the company address, bank information, and signature when printing checks in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

As mentioned by my colleague BettyJaneB, as of now, the option of printing the company address, bank information, and signature on your check isn't available in QBO. However, if you wish to print them on your check, QuickBooks requires you to use pre-printed checks that already have the information printed on them.

On the other hand, if you're using QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT), you can print the information following these steps:

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Click on Print Forms.
  3. Select Checks.
  4. Select the checks you're working on.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Mark the box to print company name and address or print a signature image.
  7. Click on Print.

For more information about printing checks in QBO, you may check this tutorial: Print Checks.

Please know that I'll be always here to help you if you have any other questions about printing checks, just add a post/comment below. Have a wonderful day ahead!

zeldy
Level 1

have you figured it out? i have QB desktop pro 2017

i wonder how to print checks with blank checks and account number signature and address should print on the blank check

MaryGraceS

Hello there, @zeldy.

I appreciate you for sharing me the QuickBooks version you're using so that I can best help you. You can print the company address and electronic signature on blank checks. Though this option isn't possible for the bank account number, third-party solutions are available.

Simply visit our Apps Center and choose a program which can be integrated into QuickBooks Desktop for managing and printing blank paper checks. 

Next, let me show you how to create an electronic signature by following these steps:

1. Write your signature on a piece of paper.
  2. Scan and save the image in the correct file format: BMP, JPEG, PNG, and TIFF.

After that, you'll need to select both Print company name and address and Print Signature Image on the Print Checks window

Here's how: 

1. From the File menu, select Printer Setup.
  2. In the Form Name drop-down list, select Check/Paycheck.
  3. Put a check mark on Print company name and address and Print Signature Image.
  4. In the Signature dialog box, choose File.
  5. Select the graphics file that contains the signature then click Open.
  6. Click OK in the Signature dialog box.
  7. Select OK in the Printer Setup dialog box.

In case you need to pay your vendor on a regular basis, you can set up a recurring schedule that runs at a specified frequency to write checks using a template. The following article contains the steps on how to set up this feature: Create an automatic recurring payment (check) to a vendor.

Let me know if you've got the chance to try the steps above. I'm always here if you need more help.

Nino Castelli
Level 1

Ah! sneaky! You want customers to buy Quickbooks software from you and not include a simple feature like showing business information and bank account info? Let me guess to buy from you? Forget it! I am not renewing my subscription next time. 

This is a simple thing, and it should've been customers the option to enter that information - OR be very upfront and mark it on your site so we have the choice to make the decision to buy a software that piece meals services for buyers or a fully integrated one with more options - at no cost.

Thank you.

H.

CCY666
Level 1

What I can tell is I am buying the quickbooks online is JUST for printing 1099 check for our contractors. I totally agree with you. Quickbooks online MUST tell everybody they need to order PRE-PRINTED checks with their company names and account info.

Thank you.

rebco411
Level 1

Hello

You specifically mention this feature is not available QB Online. How about the desktop versions?

Thank you

Steve_C
QuickBooks Team

Hi rebco411. Unfortunately QuickBooks Desktop also does not contain the feature to print the company name and info onto the 1099 printer forms. I understand how this can be inconvenient and I'm going to pass along your desire for the feature to our developers. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to come back. I hope you have a great rest of your day. 

kevinnouch1
Level 1

I entered my routing and Account # but, when I printed out a check I didn't see the account # on the check.
Please, tell how? 

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks 

Carneil_C
QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Community, @kevinnouch1. Allow me to share some information about printing account number on checks in QuickBooks Online.

We're unable to include the company address, bank information, and signature on a check in QuickBooks Online. You can consider purchasing pre-printed checks in the QuickBooks Checks & Supplies page for this matter.

You can visit them through this link: QuickBooks Checks & Supplies.

For future reference, I've also included this link to know more details about ordering checks, tax forms, and other supplies.

If you have any other additional questions about this topic add a comment below. I'm here to get back to you as quickly as possible. Have a good day!

Jeremy Maine
Level 1

It is unfortunate that QB Online still does not have this feature. It is clear it is to help them make even more money off of us. If this feature was available, then no one would purchase preprinted checks from qb anymore. Its all about money to them, and not offering a quality product to their consumers. 

cbechdel
Level 1

I agree "sneaky" forcing a new purchase of preprinted checks.  Every tuen with quickbooks has been the forcing on of small charges here, printiong fees there, extra user licenses, using classes and accounts that are too numerous in their opinion.

I am so over intuit, "end of lifing" POS, forcing me to switch to online to handle imports from a new POS vendor, then finding out I cant print my address and signature on my checks like I could in desktop.  I now have to rework my entire work flow for 4 store locations, and get an employee added to my bank accounys who can sign checks in my absence.  And then they won't process my payrolls in online, though they are happy to continue billing me for desktop and doing payroll through there.

Quickbooks./Intuit should be ashamed of the way they are treating long-existing customers, and removing features we have come to rely on for literallyl DECADES.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us