cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VM2018
Level 2

New LIMITS--Are SUB-ACCOUNTS counted toward the limit allowed for Chart of Accounts for QBO Plus?

We have many accounts in our Chart of Accounts that we do not use and have a ZERO balance so I am working on inactivating those---The question lingering however is:

For QBO PLUS the Usage Limits stat 250 accounts are allowed under Chart of Accounts. Are SUB-ACCOUNTS counted toward this limit?

Some of my sub-accounts have numbers assigned to them (just like all of the parent accounts have numbers), but other sub-accounts do not have numbers assigned. Does this matter?

Solved
Best answer April 18, 2019

Best Answers
MichaelDL
QuickBooks Team

New LIMITS--Are SUB-ACCOUNTS counted toward the limit allowed for Chart of Accounts for QBO Plus?

I have some clarification to provide on your question regarding sub-accounts, @VM2018.

Sub-accounts do count towards the Usage Limit total. However, as you've mentioned, Inactive accounts and items will not. If you've been meaning to take an opportunity to clean up your books and rid of the Accounts you're not using, now's the time!

For more information on Usage Limits, I recommend checking out our detailed guide on the matter here. If you have any questions about this or QuickBooks Online Advanced, I'm always available right here in the Community to lend a helping hand.

Please reach out to me here should you have any additional questions or concerns, I'll be your number one resource for QuickBooks. Thanks for dropping in, I look forward to hearing from you again.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I think they are.

VM2018
Level 2

You think they are? Does anyone have a direct answer to both  of my questions?

MichaelDL
QuickBooks Team

I have some clarification to provide on your question regarding sub-accounts, @VM2018.

Sub-accounts do count towards the Usage Limit total. However, as you've mentioned, Inactive accounts and items will not. If you've been meaning to take an opportunity to clean up your books and rid of the Accounts you're not using, now's the time!

For more information on Usage Limits, I recommend checking out our detailed guide on the matter here. If you have any questions about this or QuickBooks Online Advanced, I'm always available right here in the Community to lend a helping hand.

Please reach out to me here should you have any additional questions or concerns, I'll be your number one resource for QuickBooks. Thanks for dropping in, I look forward to hearing from you again.

VM2018
Level 2

Darn---that is terrible news. Thank you very much for the clarification. I'm certain this same question will come up and others will benefit from the answer being posted. 

Thank you MichaelDL

MichaelDL
QuickBooks Team

@VM2018

Of course.

To you as well as those same Community-goers who see this thread, please know we're always ready and available here to help you however we can. Thanks again, best wishes.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us