cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS system we have a customer buying a pair of glasses on payments they are saved in customer order. They pay off their balance why doesn't it come off inventory?

3 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: POS system we have a customer buying a pair of glasses on payments they are saved in customer...

Hello there, shaffener.

I want to make sure your issue with Point of Sale system inventory balance gets taken care of.

Resetting the quantity calculation can resolve this issue. Allow me to walk you through the whole steps below:

1. Go to File.
  2. Then select Preferences.
  3. Choose Company
  4. Click on the drop-down for I want To, and select General.
  5. Under the Select features to use section, uncheck the following: (I create Customer Sales Orders, I create Customer Layaway and I create Customer Work Orders)
  6. Click Save.

Once done, you'll need to close and reopen your QuickBooks Point of Sale account. Repeat the same process above and make sure to activate the features that you've unchecked earlier.

If the issue persist, you'll need to get in touch with our POS Technical Support Team. They have the proper tools to be able to take a closer look and investigate why it doesn't come off in the inventory after paying off the balance.

Don't hesitate to reach back to me if there's anything else you need. I'd be happy to help you some more.

Re: POS system we have a customer buying a pair of glasses on payments they are saved in customer...

so after i uncheck the 3 categories i have to sign out and  sign in and go turn them back on.

QuickBooks Team

Allow me to step in for a moment, shaffener.

The resolution provided by my colleague, Charies_M, usually resolves issues like this and is the basic troubleshooting steps to perform first. Yes, you'll have to sign out and sign back in for the changes to take effect.

Just in case, I've added some articles that will help manage your inventory:

This should point you in the right direction. Keep me updated on how this goes once you've tried the steps above. I want to make sure everything you're all set with this concern.