cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Price Increase Report

We want to find a good report to gage which customers have received their price increase back in August 2018. We have over 800 inventory items and have over 1,000 customers, so a summary report is best. Currently we use Sales by Customer Detail report from 1/1/18 to current, but that is lengthy and we are wanting something quick and simple to look at.

Suggestions?

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Price Increase Report

Delighted to have you here, @dsouthard.

With QuickBooks Desktop, you can customize the reports and filter it to your preferences to show only the specific information you want. Let me help walk you through in doing so.

Once customized, you can memorized this report so you can view the same type of report without doing the same customization anytime you want.

Here's how:

1. Go to Reports.
  2. Choose Sales.
  3. Select Sales by Customer Detail.
  4. Click Customize report.
    1. Select Display tab.
    2. Make sure to put a check mark on the following:
      • Date
      • Number
      • Name
      • Item
      • Qty
      • Sales Price
      • Current Rate
      • Previous Rate
      • % Change 
  5. Click Refresh.
  6. Hit Memorized.
    1. Type in the new name of the report.
    2. Put a check mark on Save in Memorized Report Group.
    3. Choose which group would you like this report to be a part of.
    4. Click Ok

That should do it! This should get you on the right track viewing the price increase in your Sales by Customer Detail report.

Keep in touch with us here in the Community if you have other inquiries about generating sales reports in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm always here to help.

Experienced Member

I'm sorry, but that does not work. The "previous rate" and "% change" are blank and the "current rate" is zero. This is the case for all the customers listed.

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to us in the Community, @dsouthard.

I appreciate you following the steps provided by my colleague. Allow me to jump in for a moment and share some additional information about the report you like in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

You can try pulling up the Sales by Customer Summary report instead and customize the display columns. Here's how:

1. Go back to the Reports menu at the top, then pick Sales and Sales by Customer Summary on the drop-down.
2. Click the Customize option at the upper left, then go to the Display tab.
3. Change the date to Last Fiscal Year-to-date.

4. On the Columns section, select Total only in the Display columns by drop-down.
5. Put a checkmark on Previous Year, $ Change, and % of Column, then OK.

29.PNG

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

This should do the trick. Please give this a try and let me know how it goes in the comment section. I'd be glad to answer if you have any follow-up questions. Wishing you all the best!

Experienced Member

Thank you for this however this does not answer my question. All this report shows is the total sales changed between periods. I need it to show based on items each customer purchased.

Customer 123

Item A 5%

Item B -2%

Customer XYZ

Item A 6%

Item 2 8%

... and so forth.

We have over 1,300 customer and over 1,000 items.

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for the response, @dsouthard!

Let's pull up and customize your Transaction List by Customer report to include the price increase of your items.

Let me show you how:

1. Go to Reports.
  2. Select Customers & Receivables.
  3. Choose Transaction List by Customer.
  4. Hit Customize Report.
  5. Under Columns, select Item and % Change.
  6. Click OK.

Once completed, you can now pull up a report with the price increase of items purchased by your customers.

In addition to the articles and the information shared by my colleagues, you can save this customized report by clicking Memorize. And then save it to a category of reports where it belongs.

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any other questions about reports in QuickBooks Desktop. I'll be always around to help you out.