cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *

Printing un-adjusted financial statements after entering adjusting JEs for taxes in QBOA Trial Balance

I need to issue Year-end reports to management that are not on a Tax bases.  I can use the trial balance to see the final (using regular JEs) year end unadjusted trial balance, then the book-to-tax adjusting JEs for the tax return, and then the adjusted TB which is then sent to ProConnect.  But I need to be able to issue management financial statements for the prior year ('unadjusted') after the Book-to-Tax adjustments have been completed that do NOT include the tax adjustment JEs. Is there a way to run financial statements and exclude the 'adjusting' JEs?  Or can I only print Tax Basis Financial Statements once I use the Trial Balance feature to make the book-to-tax adjustments before uploading to ProConnect?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Printing un-adjusted financial statements after entering adjusting JEs for taxes in QBOA Tria...

Hey there, Ecocpa.

You can still use the Trial Balance report. Then, customize the dates. Make sure to enter the dates prior to the adjustments.

Here's how:

1. Click Reports.
  2. In the Find report by name field, enter Trial Balance.
  3. Under Report period, click the drop-down arrow, then choose Custom
  4. Enter the dates, then click Run report.

You can check the screenshot for reference.

Don't hesitate to leave a comment if you need further help. Have a nice one!