To enter a positive adjustment or an increase in sales tax, use a Sales Receipt.
- Go to the Customers menu and select Enter Sales Receipts.
- Leave the Customer field blank.
- Select the Tax drop-down and choose a 0% sales tax item.
Note: If none exists, select Add New and create one.
- In the Item column, select the first empty line then select the sales tax item you want to adjust.
- In the Amount column, enter the amount of the adjustment then press Tab or Enter.
- Select OK when you receive the message "Changing the amount of a tax line item may cause your sales tax reports to be incorrect."
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 for any other sales items to be adjusted.
- Select Save & Close.