cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
jmkentel
Level 3

Produce a A/R Report that shows payment date

I want to produce a yearend report for our Accountant that shows the balance owing from customers as of our yearend (Feb 2019) with an added column that shows the payments that have been received after Feb.  We do this to show that they should not consider them bad debt for the fiscal year and they adjust for the payments.

We have a lot customers and a lot of outstanding invoices at yearend-so doing this manually is a pain! 

4 Comments 4
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. I'd be happy to help with creating a report for your accountant.  

QBO has a report called the Customer Balance Detail report. You can search for it by clicking Reports from the left navigation menu > search Customer Balance Detail report. The report won't show payments outside of this period, however, you can see all the payments within the selected period. Let me know if you need me to clarify further. I'm here to help. 

Rochelley
Level 8

I think what you're asking isn't possible, simply because all QB's reports are date driven.  If you pull an Open Invoice Report to show what is outstanding as of your year end, it will not show any payments after the year end date.  If you pull a report to show payments since the year end, it will also include any invoices charged to clients within that date range.  The only thing I can think of is if you export your basic report to Excel, then add a column for the payments received since year-end manually.

The other option is to provide your accountant with two reports.  One open invoice report showing your outstanding receivables at year end, and another to show all payments received since year end.

To get an accurate Open Invoice report as of your year end which matches your A/R balance in the G/L, make sure you click on 'Customize Report', then 'Advanced' in the lower right corner of the modify report window, and choose 'Report Date'.  Otherwise, the report will not show outstanding amounts as of year end, but will only show outstanding amounts as of current date.

To get a list of all payments received since year-end for year-end amounts, pull a Customer Balance Detail report. Go to 'Customize Report', then 'Filters', then search filters for 'Transaction Type'.  Choose 'Payment' from the list, or, if you want to show all customer credit items, choose 'Multiple Transaction Types' and then choose 'Payment' and 'Credit Memo' from the list.  Enter the date range since your year end that you want to capture payments for.

KarenS1
Level 1

I need this exact same report, and I can't figure out a way to do it except manually.  Our auditors also ask for it.  Please, QuickBooks, add this report!

Rebecca R
QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community KarenS1 and thanks for joining in on this thread. I can see how a report like this would be beneficial to you and your business so I'd like to invite you to submit feedback on this to our product development team. They use comments and suggestions from users like you to develop new features and make improvements to our products. You can submit feedback by navigating to the Help menu and finding the feedback option. Follow the prompts to have your voice heard.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us