cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

QB Mac Sales Tax Reports Cash Basis vs Accrual Basis

I came from QB Desktop, so I understand toggling between cash and accrual on reports.

However, on the Quickbooks for Mac 2019, the Sales Tax Liability report defaults to Accrual, and there is not a setting in the customize report button to toggle to Cash.

Is there a work around? I need this report run on a Cash Basis

Best answer a month ago

Accepted Solutions

Re: QB Mac Sales Tax Reports Cash Basis vs Accrual Basis

Glad to have you back, @salesAPS.

You've got me here to provide steps on how you can toggle the accounting preferences on your Sales Tax Liability report.

You can always change the setting of an individual report by clicking Options in the report window and then selecting Accrual or Cash. To change your sales tax liability report settings please follow these steps:

1. Click on QuickBooks.
  2. Select on Preferences.
  3. Choose Sales Tax and then select Upon receipt of payment (cash).

For more information about reporting preferences in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you may refer to page 262 on this User Guide

If the option isn't still showing, you can verify and rebuild your data to help fix data related issues. 

Here's how:

1. Click on File at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3. Click on Rebuild Data.
  4. Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Once done, you can proceed with verifying your data:

1. Click on File.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3. Click on Verify Data.
  4. If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.

For detailed steps about this process, please refer to this article: Resolve data damage on your company file.

If the problem continues, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team to better isolate this matter. 

With these resources, you'll be able to select your desired accounting preferences for your reports.

Please know that the Community has your back should you have any questions. Wishing you and your business continued success.

1 Comment

Re: QB Mac Sales Tax Reports Cash Basis vs Accrual Basis

Glad to have you back, @salesAPS.

You've got me here to provide steps on how you can toggle the accounting preferences on your Sales Tax Liability report.

You can always change the setting of an individual report by clicking Options in the report window and then selecting Accrual or Cash. To change your sales tax liability report settings please follow these steps:

1. Click on QuickBooks.
  2. Select on Preferences.
  3. Choose Sales Tax and then select Upon receipt of payment (cash).

For more information about reporting preferences in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you may refer to page 262 on this User Guide

If the option isn't still showing, you can verify and rebuild your data to help fix data related issues. 

Here's how:

1. Click on File at the top menu bar.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3. Click on Rebuild Data.
  4. Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Once done, you can proceed with verifying your data:

1. Click on File.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3. Click on Verify Data.
  4. If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.

For detailed steps about this process, please refer to this article: Resolve data damage on your company file.

If the problem continues, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team to better isolate this matter. 

With these resources, you'll be able to select your desired accounting preferences for your reports.

Please know that the Community has your back should you have any questions. Wishing you and your business continued success.