cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

Quantity on PO is wrong, what causes it & is there a way to fix it?

We thought that if you linked to an older PO, prior to QBO rolling out the receive by PO thing, that it would throw off the Qty on PO number...but some of our older product that are off, were not linked anyway, so it couldn't be that. What can cause the Qty on PO to go negative, and is it correctable?
1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quantity on PO is wrong, what causes it & is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for coming to the Community for help, @SCrawford.

I’m here to provide some insight regarding the negative quantity on your POs in QuickBooks Online.

There are two possible reasons why the quantity is off, the transactions are corrupted or because of local internet files. Let’s perform some basic troubleshooting steps to make sure the issue isn’t browser-related.

Sometimes cache stores up in the system causing problems on the web pages. To start with, log in to QuickBooks from a different browser or using a private window.

Here’s how:

• Ctrl + Shift + P (Internet Explorer)
  • Command + Shift + N (Safari)
  • Ctrl+ Shift + N (Google Chrome)
  • Ctrl + Shift + P (Mozilla Firefox)

If it works, clear your browser’s cache to fix the unexpected behavior in the product. Here’s an article to help you with the process: Delete or Disable cache and temporary internet files in your web browser.

However, if you continue to get the same result, I suggest deleting and recreating the POs that are showing a negative amount. This way, the damaged transactions are replaced with the correct one.

1. Find the transactions you want to delete, and open them one at a time.
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click More. (Screenshot attached)
  3. Choose Delete.
  4. Hit Yes to confirm the deletion.

I’m adding the following articles for reference:

That should do it. Let me know if this works out for you, I’m always here to keep helping. Have a good one!