cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Explorer *

Quickbook Desktop Balance Sheet issue

Hello community!  I am trying to create a Balance Sheet that has three  (numerical) columns in this order:

As of 10/31/18   |       As of 12/31/17  |       $ Change

I can only manage to get 12/31/17   and then 10/31/18   with no opporunty to add a $ change.  I do this via filters and put my range as 12/31 to 10/31 and then selecting Totals in column.  But I like going left to right

Anyone have any insight?  Thanks!

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbook Desktop Balance Sheet issue

Hello, @LL11714!

Welcome back to the Community. You've come to the right place to get help with customizing your reports. By the end of this, you should have just the report to suit your business needs. Down below are steps to make sure your report shows columns for as-of totals for 10/31/17, 10/31/18, and the $ Change.

• Select the Reports tab across the top. 
  • Click Company & Financial.
  • Select Balance Sheet Prev Year Comparison.
  • Click Customize Report in the upper left-hand side.
  • Set the date range you want to see (e.g. 10/31/2017-10/31/2018).
  • Change the Display columns by drop-down to Year.
  • Click the Filters tab.
  • Select Date from the Current Filter Choices box and set the date range you entered on the prior tab.
  • Click OK to run the report.

The report that generates should have totals for 10/31/2018, then 10/31/2017, the $ Change and the % Change. I want to make sure you're successful in generating this report, so when you have the chance to try this, please comment back with your end results. However, should you have any questions for me about this, feel free to reach out to me here in the Community. I'm always here to help.