cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member
Solved

Quickbooks Pro Plus 2019 export to excel

I am working with a firm that uses above mentioned version of QB.  After running a report, I see an "export" button.  However, this generates a PDF file.  I want to export to excel.  How do I accomplish this when it is not an option?

Thanks,  Steve

Best answer 06-09-2019

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Quickbooks Pro Plus 2019 export to excel

Hi Steve,

I encountered this situation before, and I’m happy to help you fix this.

The Export to Excel option will only appear if your client has locally installed MS Excel on their computer. Would you be able to check it?

If there’s no Excel, they can uninstall QuickBooks, install Excel, and then QuickBooks. It has to be in that sequence because QuickBooks connects to Excel during installation.

The Clean install QuickBooks Desktop article will be a great guide for them to uninstall the program. They can directly go to Steps 2, 3 and 5.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hi Steve,

I encountered this situation before, and I’m happy to help you fix this.

The Export to Excel option will only appear if your client has locally installed MS Excel on their computer. Would you be able to check it?

If there’s no Excel, they can uninstall QuickBooks, install Excel, and then QuickBooks. It has to be in that sequence because QuickBooks connects to Excel during installation.

The Clean install QuickBooks Desktop article will be a great guide for them to uninstall the program. They can directly go to Steps 2, 3 and 5.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Experienced Member

Hi Jess,

I met with the client today - and we got the issue resolved.  A bit odd and educational moment for me.  The client uses QB via a hosting service.  When they export to .csv - a .pdf is generated to the host desktop.  To get this to excel, we hilighted the .pdf file, did CTRL C then minimized the host, and pasted to the local computer.  Doing this converted the .pdf to an Excel .csv.  I've never seen anything like this before - but it worked.  So problem solved.

Thanks for your input and best regards,  Steve