cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **

Record Daily Sales from a POS or Z-Tape in Desktop

I am trying to set up a Daily Sales Receipt for my new business in QuickBooks Pro desktop 2018 and am having no success. I have done a search online and have found a YouTube tutorial but it says that there is a template already in the drop down and I can’t find it. I need to enter:

Sales Received at 8% Taxable Rate

Sales Received at 5.5% Taxable Rate

Sales Received at non-Taxable Rate

Sales Tax Collected at 8% Tax Rate

Sales Tax Collected at 5.5% Tax Rate

Vendor Paid Out of Draw

Then I need to be able to reconcile that with:

Cash Received

Credit Card Payments Received

House Charges

Over/Under Amount

I will need to be able to pay the sales tax on a quarterly basis to the state as well.

I need some serious help please.

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Record Daily Sales from a POS or Z-Tape in Desktop

Hi, Bolsters.

Let me help share some information about recording daily sales in QuickBooks Desktop. 

QuickBooks can only add one sales tax in every transaction. Since you have sales tax with different rates, what you can do is create multiple sales receipts with the different sales tax rate.

First, you'll need to set up sales tax in QuickBooks for the different rates by following the steps in this article: Set up sales tax in QuickBooks Desktop

We can also ask some additional insights into one of our Established Community Backer @Rustler who is experts in this line of business. 

Don't hesitate to click the Reply button below if you have additional questions. Have a good day. 

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Record Daily Sales from a POS or Z-Tape in Desktop

@Bolsters 

You can do multiple sales tax rates on one sales receipt or invoice

create a zero % sales tax rate item and use that as the customer tax code at the bottom

List the transactions for the 8% rate
list a sub total item
list the 8% sales tax item

list the transactions for the 5.5% rate
list a sub total item
list the 5.5% sales tax item

QB will calculate the sales tax so you do not have to make the collected entries you listed