cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimdimitri
Level 2

Removing Tax field in invoice

Started a new company. Have update or input most of the information from my other company (same version of Quickbooks but original templates are from 2004).

Trying to set up the invoices, but can not find how to remove the taxable fields in the invoice. I see no check box in the design layout application.

Help

Jim

Solved
Best answer December 10, 2018

Best Answers
SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Quickbooks>preferences>sales tax, remove the check at "customers are charged sales tax"

View solution in original post

10 Comments 10
SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Quickbooks>preferences>sales tax, remove the check at "customers are charged sales tax"

Anonymous
Not applicable

good job.
jimdimitri
Level 2

The on screen invoice shows a taxable column and a taxable item drop down choice at bottom of invoice. Neither of these do I need. In my 2004 file running in QB2012Mac these two items do not show up. If I export that invoice and import it into the new company file I am starting the on screen invoice has these taxable items/columns. I see no check box in the template editor to remove them for a printed and or screen invoice.

I am wondering if I have to go back to 2004QB and start a new file and bring that file up to 2012QB.

Jim
jimdimitri
Level 2

Another big thank you to skinnyraven for getting me straightened out!

Thanks

Jim
Anonymous
Not applicable

are you trying to add sales tax or delete sales tax?  are your customers taxable?

Rustler
Level 15

and specifically which taxable fields are you wanting to get rid of?
there is the tax/no tax for each item, the customer tax code, the sales tax item, and the sales tax field at the very bottom of printed invoice
jimdimitri
Level 2

Yes to all, as I do not need them clouding the issue when generating invoices
Anonymous
Not applicable

is your current QB a Mac version?
jimdimitri
Level 2

Yes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mac is a different animal and a different program.  You should get your answer from a Mac expert.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us