cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor **

Report needed to show all COGS purchased for Customer

I am constantly needing to know what cost of goods were purchased for a particular customer. I'm certain there is a report out there somewhere?

All of my PO's for COGS is associated to a customer so how do I generate a report by customer for all COGS associated to them?

Thanks in advance.

T

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Report needed to show all COGS purchased for Customer

Hello TRischey,

You can pull up and filter the Open Purchase Orders Detail report to see your PO's for COGS. Let me guide you through how.

1. Click Reports.
  2. Click Purchases. Then, click Open Purchase Orders Detail.
  3. Click Customize Report at the top.
  4. Under Columns, scroll down and mark Account Type.
  5. Click OK.

Other reports that will affect your COGS account are the following:

• Inventory Valuation Summary.
  • Sales by Item Summary.
  • Sales by Item Detail.

Please refer to this article for your reference: Understand Inventory Assets and COGS tracking.

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to stay in touch. We're always here for you.

Community Contributor **

I am not looking for an Open Purchase report as I know how to do that.  I am more concerned with closed purchased history for a particular customer.  Clearly I can look at their invoice but that doesn't tell me which vendor I used [or my cost] for previous hardware I ordered and shipped out.   It's also possible that I am not handing things properly but here's what I do:

I have several items that I purchase and sell but I do not inventory these items [in house] so they are coded to 'non-inventory items - cost of goods".  I may purchase items from 3 different vendors for one customer that are drop-shipped to my end-user.  So, lets say 6 months down the road they want to add a 2nd location and want the same setup as they did on their previous order.  I would like to run a report for everything that I have purchased for this customer over a date range and who I purchased the items from and at what cost. Does that make sense?

Community Contributor **

As it is now - I have to pull up all of my entered bills and go one-by-one searching by ship to address to find this information

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to us, @TRischey.

I appreciate you manually opening the individual transactions to get the right information.

Since the first report didn’t provide the data you're looking for, let’s try pulling up the Purchases by Item Detail Report.  This will show you the list of bills with COGS as the Account Type.

Here’s how:

1. Go to the Reports menu and select Purchases.
  2. Choose Purchases by Item Detail.
  3. Click the Customize button at the top.
  4. Under Columns, select Account Type, Cost Price, Name, and Source Name.
  5. Hit OK.

purchase report 1.PNGpurchase report 2.PNGpurchase report 3.PNG

While adding the ship to address on the said report is currently unavailable, you can open the individual bills to view the details. For more information, check out this article: Customize vendor reports

purchase report.PNG

That should do it. Please give this a try and let me know how this goes. I’m always here to help. Have a good one!

Community Contributor **

This is much closer to what I was looking for.  What my hope was is a report for a Customer Job.

Something like:

Customer: Job - Bills Liquor Store:

[with a list of everything I've ever purchased and associated with their account]

-Printers, Inc. BILL 4/1/19  PO 123  Printer Model M807B - $69.00

-UPS BILL 4/2/2019 $30.00

-Register, Inc. BILL 11/3/2017 PO 77  ECR Model 5 $699.00