cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Reporting: Income and Expenses Per Square Foot - Office Building Leasing

Hello, my company owns, manages and leases an office building to many tenants. Is there a way to customize a report to show my income and each expense account as a "cost per gross square foot" as well as "cost per leasable square foot"?

My gross and leasable square footage is a static number, it never changes. 

All I would need to do is add a column to a report, and divide each row by the sq footage number.

Thank you!

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Reporting: Income and Expenses Per Square Foot - Office Building Leasing

Welcome and thanks for joining the Community, @themill.

I'm here to share some information about the report you'd like to pull up in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

You can run or pull up a Profit and Loss report. This will show all your income and expense transactions. However, QBO currently doesn't have the option to show them as "cost per gross square foot" or "cost per leasable square foot." We are also unable to add a square footage column. You can export the report to Excel and customize it there as a workaround.

Here's how:

1. Go to Reports menu at the left pane, then enter Profit and Loss on the search bar.
2. Choose your preferred date on the Report period section, then select the Run report to refresh.
3. Click the Export icon (a box with a right facing arrow) between Print and Gear icons, then Export to Excel.

33.PNG

Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: How to customize your Profit and Loss report.

This should answer your concern for today. Please let me know how it goes by leaving a comment on this thread. I'd be glad to answer if you have any follow-up questions. Take care and enjoy the rest of the day!

Experienced Member

Thanks so much for the reply! I had a feeling this was the only way to do this..

I am currently in the trial period for quickbooks, and I am comparing and contrasting features of Quickbooks and Xero to make a decision as to what platform will be best for my organization. There is a lot about QBO that I prefer, however the inability to customize a report to that level is a major drawback for my needs, and the spreadsheet route adds additional processes in my flow. This is a function that I found very easy to accomplish in Xero within a few seconds.

Is there a way for me to formally submit a feature suggestion to QBO developers for future consideration?

Thanks again!

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to me, @themill.

First of all, I appreciate you showing interest in our products, especially QBO. Yes, there is! Let me walk you through sending feedback and suggestions in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Here's how:

1. On your account, click the Gear icon at the top.
2. Select Feedback under Profile column.
3. Enter your product requests and suggestions, then Next.

36.PNG

This requests and suggestions will be sent directly to our Product Developers. They're constantly looking for great ideas from users, like yourself, when deciding how to enhance QuickBooks.

Let me thank you for being a part of our QuickBooks family. Please post again or leave a comment should you have any other concerns. Wishing you and your organization continued success!