cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Sales by customer with phone number

Our business does repeat business with our customers every 2-3 years. We would like to print a report from 2016 that shows the customer, phone number and total sale. is there any way to do that ?

4 Comments

Re: Sales by customer with phone number

Hello there, Peninsula Sealcoating.

Thank you for posting in the Community. I'm happy to help walk you through creating a report that shows the information you need.

If you're using the same company file where you recorded the customers' transactions 2-3 years ago, yes you can still create a report this with this information. You can customize the  Sales by Customer Detail report to show the customer, phone number and total sale. Let me show you how: 

1. Click on Reports menu, then select the Sales.
  2. Choose the Sales by Customer Detail and click on the Customize Report button.
  3. Click the Display tab and change the date in the From and To fields.
  4. From the Total by drop-down, select Customer.
  5. Under COLUMNS, select Name Phone #.
  6. Click OK.
  7. Select Memorize to save the report for future reference.

Capture1.PNG

I've attached the following article for additional reference: 

Please know that I'm just a post away if you have additional questions about creating a report or if you have any other questions about QuickBooks. I'll be happy to help you out. Have a wonderful day. 

Thansk so much that works but i was looking to get a more condensed report to show only the Customer, Amount from the invoice and phone number. How can i get rid of all the line items from the invoice 

Thanks that works but i am trying to get a more condensed report that shows just the customer, phone number and amount 

The report currnelty shows multiple lines for each invoice 

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Peninsula Sealcoating,

It's nice to see you here again. Allow me to chime in and share additional insights about customizing the Sales by Customer Detail report.

You're on the right track with the report customizations. You'll only need to take a few more steps to modify the report. After following MaryGraceS steps, you can remove the columns you don't want to view. Here's how:

1. Go to the Reports Tab.
  2. Choose Sales by Customer Detail.
  3. Click the Customize Report button.
  4. In the Display Tab, go to the Columns section.
  5. Uncheck the columns you want to remove.
  6. Click OK.

Here's how it should look like:

That should get your work done, @Peninsula Sealcoating. Please let me know how it goes or if you need further help. I'll be around to help you anytime. Have a good one!