cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BFields
Level 1

The QB Online dashboard shows both each expense and my business cc payment as expenses, effectively showing double as it tracks. How do I correct this?

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

The QB Online dashboard shows both each expense and my business cc payment as expenses, effectively showing double as it tracks. How do I correct this?

Hi there, @BFields.

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Community to get assistance with the credit card payments that are showing as an expense on your dashboard. I'm here to get this issue sorted out.

You'll need to make sure that the posting account upon recording your credit card payments is correct. This can be the reason why it's showing as an expense on your dashboard. 

There are various ways of recording credit card payments in QuickBooks Online that you can refer to. Like writing a check and creating a transfer. To learn more about this process, please refer to this article: How to record credit card payments.

Once verified that the posting account is under the credit card account and it's still showing an expense on your end, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the proper tools such as screen-sharing to better isolate this issue.

To reach them:

1. Visit the following link: QuickBooks Contact Us.
  2. Select options for the two prompts.
  3. Click Get Phone Number

Keep me posted if I can be of additional assistance. I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as I can. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us