cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
pakatraincka
Level 1

The info that appears on QBO screens is incomplete versus the banking statement. What do I do?

1 Comment 1
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

The info that appears on QBO screens is incomplete versus the banking statement. What do I do?

Hi pakatraincka,

It's important that the information on your bank statements show up in QuickBooks. Based on what you've described, it sounds like there are missing transactions in QuickBooks. Don't worry, I'll give you a hand with figuring this out so you can get back to doing what you love. 

First, let's make sure your bank transactions are all up to date on your account. Keep in mind that QuickBooks automatically imports new transactions nightly at around 10 PM PT. They will appear in the For Review tab of the Banking page.

If some of them are missing, you need to perform a manual update. Here’s how:

1.     From the left menu, select Banking.
  2.     Under the Banking tab, choose the new connected bank.
  3.     Click Update on the upper-right of the screen.  

In the event that the transactions are still missing, check out this great article on What to do if you can’t find downloaded bank transactions . Once you're done, go to the For Review tab to start categorizing transactions. Check out this article for reference: Assign, categorize, edit, and add your downloaded banking transactions

If you've successfully added the missing transactions and you need help with reconciling your account, here's a link with more info on reconciling accounts. Feel free to ask questions. I'm here to assist. :)  

Need to get in touch?

Contact us