Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Contributor *
Solved

Transaction by detail report

Hello

I need help in trying to alphabetize the transaction detail report.  I perform bookkeeping for an Attorney using the "class" as client ledger.  I would have set it up as sub accounts but this was used prior and staff is familiar with this process.  After entering the deposits and checks for disbursements I would go to the transaction detail report to view all clients for the day but I can't seem to be able to alphabetize the list.  I was able to perform before we downloaded the 2019 upgrade on a Mac.  I have tried several options including customize and nothing seems to be working.  HELP  

Thank You

Best answer 06-10-2019

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Transaction by detail report

Thanks for the quick response, Taunte521.

Allow me to take over and get this resolved quickly. Let's get your report to itemize alphabetically.

The steps provided by my peer above should get the report to itemize alphabetically. If the sorting option doesn't work, let's resort the customer list.

Here's how:

1. Click List and choose Customer: Jobs.
  2. Click Edit.
  3. On the drop-down list, click Re-sort List.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Re-sort-lists/td-p/201481.

For additional help, you can also reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop Support. They have additional tools to assist you in getting this resolved.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

You can always get back to me if you need additional assistance regarding sorting a report in QuickBooks for Mac. I'll be around to help.

4 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Taunte521.

I knew a few steps to sort the reports in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac alphabetically.

To be able to sort your report alphabetically, you can go to the specific column where you want to sort it out (Name, Account, and others) and click on the arrow beside the column upward/downward.

You can see attached screenshots for additional reference.

c1  sort report.PNG

For more information about sorting lists or reports, you may also check these articles:

Please let me know if you have any other questions about running reports in QuickBooks Desktop, I'll be always here to help you. Have a great day ahead!

Community Contributor *

Hi

Thank you for your response.  I have tried that but didn't work.  I am trying to itemize the clients alphabetically  for a law firm and nothing seems to be working, cant by date or client name which makes it difficult to confirm the file is balanced out.  Didn't have this issue with older version (before 2019). Going to try deleting the memorized report she has and start new....  I am going to try using the customize report or thru the chart of accounts...not originally setup by me and paralegal does not want to change how she views ledgers....  

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the quick response, Taunte521.

Allow me to take over and get this resolved quickly. Let's get your report to itemize alphabetically.

The steps provided by my peer above should get the report to itemize alphabetically. If the sorting option doesn't work, let's resort the customer list.

Here's how:

1. Click List and choose Customer: Jobs.
  2. Click Edit.
  3. On the drop-down list, click Re-sort List.

You may find this article helpful: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Re-sort-lists/td-p/201481.

For additional help, you can also reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop Support. They have additional tools to assist you in getting this resolved.

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

You can always get back to me if you need additional assistance regarding sorting a report in QuickBooks for Mac. I'll be around to help.

Established Community Backer ***

Note you can also export reports to Excel or Numbers and work there.