cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Two things: I need to correct two errors. Typed in the wrong about. And need to bring up the Donor Contribution Summary

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Two things: I need to correct two errors. Typed in the wrong about. And need to bring up the ...

You've come to the right place, @derzo99.

I want to make sure you're able to correct the entry you've made in QuickBooks and generate the Donor Contribution Summary.

To start with, QuickBooks has a record of  each financial transaction added, changed, or deleted in the system. If you have entered an erroneous entry just open your Audit log to locate it from there.

1. Click the Gear Icon.
  2. Select Audit Log.
  3. Choose the appropriate User, Date and Events filters.
  4. Click Apply.
  5. Search for the entered transaction.

On the other hand, here's how to generate the Donor Contribution Summary:

1. Go to Reports menu.
  2. Select Transaction Detail by Account.
  3. Click the Customize button.
    1. Choose the Transaction Date range.
    2. Set the Accounting Method to Cash.
    3. In the Rows/Columns, select CustomerDonorMember or equivalent.
    4. In the Filter section, set the Distribution Account to All Income Accounts.
    5. Click Run Report.

That should do it! The steps above will allow you to correct the transaction details you've recorded in QuickBooks and run the Donor Contribution Summary.

Let me if you're referring to something else. I'm always here to help you in managing your transactions in QuickBooks Online. 

Highlighted
BRC
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Two things: I need to correct two errors. Typed in the wrong about. And need to bring up the Donor Contribution Summary

When you're ready to create detailed donor contribution statements to mail to your donors, use our Donor Statements – QB Online  to create them for you from your QB data.  No additional data entry required.