We keep an ongoing list of all our jobs in Excel and their status from beginning to end. Once they are billed, we need to monitor QB to see when the invoice is paid. I'd like to be able to run a report with deposits for the month that also showed the invoice that was paid. This would also allow me to see the job number and I could update our Excel spreadsheet to show the job as paid. We are using Quickbooks Enterprise 2019 Contractor. I've tried numerous reports but can't get one that shows exactly what I want: Deposits for a time period with invoices paid listed.
Delighted to have you here, @SBConst.
I'd be glad to help walk you through generating the Transactions List by Customer reports.
1. Go to Reports at the top menu, and select Customers & Receivables.
2. Choose Transaction List by Customer.
3. Click the Customize Report button, and go to the Filter tab.
4. Search for Transaction Type, and select Invoice.
5. Search for Paid Status, and select Closed.
6. Click the OK button.
That should do it! This should get you on the right track viewing a list of your paid invoices.