cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T3
Level 1

W9

Does Quick Books allow us an option to complete a W9 form and email to our companies? If so how and where can I get it.

5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

W9

Good day, @T3,

I can add some information about processing Form W-9 in QuickBooks Online.

The option to fill out and email this contractor form directly from QBO is unavailable at the moment. What you can do is to get a downloadable form from the IRS.gov website and manually email it to your contractors. Here's how:

1. Go to IRS.gov website.
  2. Click the Forms & Instructions tab.
  3. Select Form W-9.

Once you receive their information, you can set up their account in QuickBooks. You may follow the steps outlined in this article to add a new vendor: How to add, edit and inactivate contractors

While this option isn't yet available, it would be best to send your suggestion to our developers. Doing this helps our engineers identify what features and services that need to be implemented to give you the best experience with our program. Here's how to send your request:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Feedback.
  3. Enter your feedback and suggestions.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Select Feedback for the Category.
  6. Click Send message.

That should do it, @T3. Thanks for your willingness in helping us improve our products. Please feel free to get back to me if you need further assistance. Have a great day!

ZepTransport LLC
Level 1

W9

I need a W-9 for a job that I am interested in.Can you Help me Get one 

VivienJ
QuickBooks Team

W9

Hello there, ZepTransport LLC. 

Thanks for joining us here in the Community. I've got additional details on how you can get a W-9 form. 

As mentioned by my colleague @Jen_D above, the option to generate a W-9 contractor form within QuickBooks Online is currently unavailable. You need to manually download it from the IRS website. Then, get the details you need to enter from the company you've rendered your service.

Let me re-enter the steps here:

1. Visit the https://www.irs.gov/ site. 
  2. Hover your mouse in the Forms & Instructions tab.
  3. Click Form W-9.

I've searched and added articles from the IRS website for additional reference:

We are working towards providing an accounting software which can cater our customers' need. Like you, a lot of users would want to see the W-9 form added in QuickBooks Online. You can add up to their voices and submit it as a suggestion to our product engineers. To send one, go to the Gear icon and select Send Feedback Online

It's feedback like this that empowers us to make QuickBooks the best software it can be. Please let me know if there are other things you need help with. I want to ensure your success. 

Wishing you continued success this 2019! 

Samuel J Queen
Level 1

W9

Being able to send a W-9 along with the invoice to a client through QBSE would be extremely helpful!

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

W9

Hi there, @Samuel J Queen.

I appreciate you joining the Community today. Allow me to share some insights about being able to send a W-9 along with the invoice to a client through QBSE.

At this time, being able to send a W-9 along with the invoice to a client through QBSE isn't an option for us. This is because sending an invoice and sending the W9 invitation are in separate process. 

I can see how this feature would be beneficial to you and your business, so I'd encourage you sharing this idea to our developers. This way they'll be able to determine features that need to be added in future updates. Doing this helps them asses on how we can help you run your business easier. You can do this from within QuickBooks Online by selecting the Gear icon and clicking Feedback or by going to the following link: QuickBooks Online Feature Requests.

I will also do my part and raise this concern so this will be taken care of.

Please know that the Community has your back should you need anything else. Have a great weekend!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us