cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We mail invoices per division and it pulls the address for each location. I cannot seem to find this setting now. Where is this located?

3 Comments

Re: We mail invoices per division and it pulls the address for each location. I cannot seem to fi...

Thanks for visiting the Community, a-mitchell.

I can share some insights about the address on the invoice.

If you're referring to the Shipping to box of an invoice, QuickBooks Online pulls the address from the Customer information screen. Here's how to check it:

1. Choose Sales on the left pane, then select Customers.
  2. Select the Customers name.
  3. Click the Edit button at the top.
  4. Review the details under the Address tab.
  5. Click Save.

image.png

However, if you're trying to specify a location, you can review it by following the steps below:

1. Click the Gear icon, then choose All Lists.
  2. Select Locations.
  3. Locate the list name and click the arrow under the Action column.
  4. Click Edit.
  5. Update if needed and click Save.

The screenshots show these steps as well.

image.pngimage.png

These resources should get you in the right direction.

Please let me know how that works for you. If your situation doesn't match what is being discussed above, I would appreciate if you could provide more details. Have a good day.

Re: We mail invoices per division and it pulls the address for each location. I cannot seem to fi...

Thank you...that is not quite what I was asking.  I eventually found it under gear / lists / divisions / edit and then specify address, email, etc. for each division.  This will allow varying division information to print on the specific invoice.  Statements, however are tied unfortunately to the global company setting.

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for reaching out to the QuickBooks Community, a-mitchell.

Allow me to step in and help guide you on how to change the location label to division in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Click Gear Icon.
  2. Go to Company and Settings.
  3. Click Advanced.
  4. Select Categories pencil-icon.
  5. Click the location label, and select Division
  6. Select Save, and Done

Once done, you can now open your location list to show the Division where you can categorize the transactions by different parts of your company.

For additional reference, you can check this article and scroll-down to Location ListChange company name, address, email address, EIN, and privacy settings

That should do it! Feel me in if you have additional questions about the location feature. I'm always here to help you out.