cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

When I add a credit card credit/refund for certain vendors - the credits are showing up on my Pay Bills screen - why would that happen and how do I get them off?

Best answer 4 weeks ago

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: When I add a credit card credit/refund for certain vendors - the credits are showing up on my...

Hello, @hcorson

Let me help share some information about the credits showing on your Pay Bills screen.

The credit card credit will still show as credit on your Pay Bill screen if you haven't created a vendor credit. You will need to link the vendor credit to the credit card credit.

Here's how:

1. Select the Plus icon (+) on QuickBooks and select Vendor Credit.
  2. Select the vendor and fill in the details for the item and amount that was refunded.
  3. Select Save and close.

Once done, you'll need to create a dummy bill for this with a zero amount. Then enter a description on the category details to be able to save the bill.

This is how the transactions show on your vendor's transaction list.

creditcardcredit1.PNG

After saving the bill, click the Make Payment tab. Check the Credit Card Credit on the Outstanding Transactions as well as the Vendor Credit under Credits.

creditcardcredit2.PNGcreditcardcredit3.PNG

That should do it. You will no longer see the credits on your Pay Bills screen after linking both transactions.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about Credit Card Credit. I'm always here to help you further if needed. Have a great weekend.

QuickBooks Team

Re: When I add a credit card credit/refund for certain vendors - the credits are showing up on my...

I appreciate you getting back, @hcorson.

I've updated my answer above since the previous answer is intended for depositing vendor credits on a bank account. Since the vendor credits were returned to your credit card account, you will have to link the credit card credit to a vendor credit so that it'll no longer show on your Pay Bills screen.

Let me know how it goes after following the steps above. I'm always here to help you further if you have additional questions about the process.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @hcorson

Let me help share some information about the credits showing on your Pay Bills screen.

The credit card credit will still show as credit on your Pay Bill screen if you haven't created a vendor credit. You will need to link the vendor credit to the credit card credit.

Here's how:

1. Select the Plus icon (+) on QuickBooks and select Vendor Credit.
  2. Select the vendor and fill in the details for the item and amount that was refunded.
  3. Select Save and close.

Once done, you'll need to create a dummy bill for this with a zero amount. Then enter a description on the category details to be able to save the bill.

This is how the transactions show on your vendor's transaction list.

creditcardcredit1.PNG

After saving the bill, click the Make Payment tab. Check the Credit Card Credit on the Outstanding Transactions as well as the Vendor Credit under Credits.

creditcardcredit2.PNGcreditcardcredit3.PNG

That should do it. You will no longer see the credits on your Pay Bills screen after linking both transactions.

Keep me posted if you have other questions about Credit Card Credit. I'm always here to help you further if needed. Have a great weekend.

Established Member

Hi LilyC -

These vendor credits are returned to our  CC not a checking acct. I tried adding the CC card to the Banking drop-down but it wouldn't allow it. Do I need to create a vendor credit as well? They are showing correctly on my ledger but for whatever reason they are also popping up on the Pay Bills page.

Thanks!

(I had replied previously but I am not seeing it now)

QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you getting back, @hcorson.

I've updated my answer above since the previous answer is intended for depositing vendor credits on a bank account. Since the vendor credits were returned to your credit card account, you will have to link the credit card credit to a vendor credit so that it'll no longer show on your Pay Bills screen.

Let me know how it goes after following the steps above. I'm always here to help you further if you have additional questions about the process.