cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ian-davidson
Level 2

Where is the EC Sales List in QB online?

15 Comments 15
bobby_chadha
Level 2

Hey all,

so for EC sales in QuickBooks Online, you would be assigning the correct EC S or EC G code (hopefully) to your invoices.

Now, if you click on the 'Reports' tab... then 'Report List' .... find the 'VAT liability report' under 'VAT'... this report will break down the VAT amount assigned to each Code (in this case the relevant one is going to be your ECS).........now if you click on the Net amount it will bring up all the transactions that make up that total... from this report you can click on on 'customise' and you can group and filter them by customers.... you can use the data and info on this report to help compile your ESL form online... 

Hope that helps!

Cheers
ian-davidson
Level 2

I will have a look at this to see if it meets the requirement. Thanks for your help.
info2
Level 1

It is really working. You saved my hours and hours. I used to go through VAT 100 report but box 8 doesn't contains EC S . box 8 is only made of EC G so for EC S I had to go through each sales invoices. you are brilliant.
ian-davidson
Level 2

Is there a way to get the customers' VAT number onto the report?
bobby_chadha
Level 2

yup, it should do, you still have to manually file and complete the ESL so just ensure you got your country codes and VAT numbers for your EU clients to hand... Can I also ask you to go to the feedback widget and tell the developers to have a list as default... It would be very handy to have. :)

Cheers, Bobby
ian-davidson
Level 2

Bobby - that's great but it appears that you need to look up the VAT numbers each time you complete a return.  Am I right that you can't get the customers VAT number to appear on the report?
bobby_chadha
Level 2

correct :( but, I know they are looking at the ability to include this..... for the mean time, if you feel that your 'invoice numbers' are not relevant to you.... my client changes his invoice number to the VAT number of his client.... so in that report... under Invoice number, the VAT number appears instead. Just a work around... see if that works for you.
ian-davidson
Level 2

OK thanks - I will work round one way or another until they come up with a solution.  Many thanks
IntuitMikeB
Level 1

Hi ian.davidson!

I don't know if that particular report exists in QBO.

However - check out the VAT Centre.  (click VAT on the left navigation pane.)

There is a section that states "Run reports".  Click on that drop-down.  It allows you to run the VAT 100 report, as well as the "VAT detail" - which the items that make up net values for sales and purchases.

Do these reports give you what you need?
ian-davidson
Level 2

No they do
 not.  This is a standard report in Quickbooks which we have been using but is not in the online version. It is an essential report and I would ask that it is introduced in future versions of the online version.
IntuitMikeB
Level 1

I'm doing some further research to see if it's hiding somewhere.  Will let you know what I find out.
IntuitMikeB
Level 1

In the meantime - I can't imagine that QBO would miss a report that was necessary for taxes.

Do me a favor.  Click on Reports > All Reports > Manage Sales Tax.

There are 4 default tax reports here.  Run each of those to see if they give you the information.  Maybe it just doesn't have the same name.   Even though some of these appear to be summary reports, you are able to zoom into any area that you need detail/lists on.
Scene
Level 3

EC Sales list is the VAT 101 report which is there.

This caught me out too!

Clive-D
Level 1

Far easier - (may be a new addition...) is to go to reports, scroll to VAT and select VAT101, put in the dates for the period you need and that's it done. Boom, love it!

Cheers, Clive

AWUK
Level 3

That does not work for me. It gives only a partial list. It reports discounts incorrectly as well.

A more accurate method is to go to the VAT 100 report and drill down in box 8. After all this is the definitive list that you have already submitted to HMRC.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us