cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twp_espie
Level 1

Why are the shipping info fields appearing now? They were not previously showing.

10 Comments 10
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Why are the shipping info fields appearing now? They were not previously showing.

Hi there, @twp_espie

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding your shipping fields concern. Let's get this sorted out and get you back on track. 

There are a few things that we need to check to verify why shipping fields are now showing on your sales translation. First, we'll need to make sure that the Shipping option on your Sales form content information is off. 

To do that:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Select on Accounts and Settings.
  3. Select on Sales.
  4. Refer to the Sales form content and make sure that the Shipping box is not checked. 

I've attached a screenshot below to guide you with the steps:shipping.png

Second, check on your Custom Forms Styles section and make sure that the Shipping box is unchecked.  

Here's how:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Select on Custom Forms Styles.
  3. Select a template and click on the Content tab.
  4. Click on the upper section of the template.
  5. Under the Display portion, make sure that the Shipping box is unchecked. 

To visualize this steps, please refer to the screenshot below:

shipping22.png

However, if the issue persists after verifying the steps above, you can log into your account through the Private browser mode. This is to verify if the issue has something to do with your browser.

Here are the different keyboard shortcuts to open a private browser:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N

If it works fine, you can go back to your regular browser and clear its cache. Please follow the outlined steps in this article depending on the browser you're using: How do I clear my browser cache and temporary Internet files?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to let me know by posting a comment below. Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The same has been happening to us for the past few days.   Shipping is turned off in our account settings and on the invoice settings.   The fields will be gone initially, but as soon as I create and save an invoice, they reappear.   To hide them, I have to open the invoice settings, check the Shipping box, and then uncheck it.   Every single time I create an invoice.

It happens even if I use private/incognito mode on my browsers.

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Anonymous.

Thank you for trying the recommended steps given above. I have some more solutions we can try to resolve your Shipping info field issue.

Let's check your default invoice template in QuickBooks Online. It could be the reason why the Shipping field keeps showing though it's turned off on your Accounts and Settings.

Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Custom Form Styles.
  3. Under Form Type, look for INVOICE(default).
  4. Click Edit.
  5. Choose the Content tab.
  6. Click on the upper section of the template.
  7. Make sure that the Shipping box is unchecked. 
  8. Click Done to save changes.

Try creating an invoice once more. If the same thing happens, I'd be best to get in touch with our Customer Care Team. They can initiate screen sharing session with you to investigate this further.

You refer to this article in getting their most current contact number: Get help with QuickBooks Online.

Keep me updated how it works for you. I'm here to help however I can.

GreenBridge
Level 1

I have the same issue and have for some time now.  Any resolution on the shipping info showing on the invoice despite the settings set to NOT include shipping information?

JonpriL

Greetings @GreenBridge!

In sending an invoice to your customers, make sure to select the customized invoice form style. Let me help you how.

Open an invoice transaction, then click the Customize option at the bottom of the page and choose the default form style.

You can refer to the screenshot below for your visual reference.

If you still get the same result, I recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. They have tools that can help them investigate further why you can't get rid of your Shipping field and help you from there.

You can always get back to us here in the Community if you have any other questions.

BoBella
Level 2

I am having the same issue.  I went through all of the steps recommended and everything is turned off.  It just randomly started appearing one day for no reason.

Jen_D

It's nice to see you here, @BoBella,

We currently have an ongoing issue with the shipping information showing on invoices despite being turned off in the Accounts and Settings page. To get live updates about the problem, I suggest contacting our Support Team, so they can add your account to the list of affected users.

Our Support Team are available from 6:00 AM until 6:00 PM on weekdays, and 6:00 AM til 3:00 PM on Saturday. If you can't reach us during this time, you can request a callback so you won't have to wait on the line.

Here's how: 

1. Sign in to your QBO account.
  2. Click the (?) Help icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Dashboard.
  3. From there, select the Contact Us button and enter your concern in the description box.

4. Once done, select Call us or Get a callback option.

Please provide the investigation number INV-43258 to our representatives.

I appreciate your patience while were working on this. If you have other questions or concerns that needs immediate attention, please let me know in the comment below. I'll be more than happy to help. Have a nice day!

Zaaphod
Level 1

How do you do this with Quickbooks Desktop Pro 2020?

Jen_D

Hi there, @Zaaphod,

If you're referring to adding the shipping amount or charge on invoices, you will need to create a shipping item and assign it manually to the sale. Here's how:

1. From the Lists tab, go to Item Lists.
  2. Right-click anywhere then press New.
  3. Use a Service or Other Charge as the Type to account for the fee.
  4. In the Item Name/ Number field, enter the description of the account (Shipping).
  5. (Optional) Add a Description if you want to remember what this item is for.
  6. In the Account field, choose Income if the shipping is billed to the customer. Otherwise, use a different account of your preference.
  7. Once you're done click OK.

When creating an invoice, assign the shipping item the same way you assign your products and services. See this:

We also have a Shipping Manager feature to help ship and mails with UPS, USPS, and FedEx directly in QuickBooks. Click this link to visit our Community guide.

However, if you're referring to something else, let me know so I can check on it for you. Have a nice day!

Nick352
Level 2

So this is still a bug and its now 3 years later. QBO is so frustrating. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us